As several of us have been using the GE wireless camera from the forum below:
Made a wireless backup camera system cheaply
I decided I wanted to be able to place a camera in the rear window of my camper, and have a power supply to it, so as not to run down the batteries in it. MY nearest 12 volt outlet is above the television a long way from the back window. We discussed this in the above forum.
I was originally going to tap into the 12 volt wires going to one of my reading lamps over the recliner, but this was going to require I mount a 12 volt outlet on the bottom surface of the overhead cabinet. I found a corner to hide it nice, and bought a $12 outlet from Radio Shack for this purpose that had a fuse in the positive wire.
However I found something better in my book. I NEVER use the aisle lights and they are on a switch on my master control panel. The outside aisle light has a burned out bulb, and the inside one I don't use anyhow.
I bought another outlet at Academy Sports in their boat section for $7 that had a 12 volt plug too. I am going to use this plug and a female end that fits my camera (which I got at Radio Shack too) to power the camera, as soon as I get some more wire. I'll post that mod here too.
It worked out well, as I used the wires from the radio shack outlet for the Academy Sports outlet.
What I did was drill a hole over the inside aisle light that is in the corner shelf/cabinet by the door to install a 12 volt outlet. I spliced the outlet wires into the aisle light wires, and am good to go now. I removed the bulb from the aisle light so it won't be on whenever I power the outlet from the master panel switch.
The best advantage, being this aisle light is run to a switch, is I can turn my camera off/on from the switch whenever I am walking out the door, as long as I leave it plugged into the outlet. I won't have to climb over things or raise my blinds to get to the camera. I can also charge/power other low voltage things from this new outlet.
Here are some before/after pics............including me using a multi-tester to make sure I spliced into the correct wires. I wanted a +12 volts DC and not a -12 volts DC.