Old 04-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
How hard is it to add a fan kit to an existing vent? We have a vent in the bathroom and in the main seating area in our 2011 Shamrock. The one in the seating area does not have a fan, just a very similar vent opening - I would like to add a fan here - anyone else done this?

Styg
Remove the interior cover to see it has been prewired is so your in luck if not then you have to get power from nearby light. Lowe's carries a small bit but about 24" long with a hole in the bit. Attach wires an pull through. Or a metal fish tape you can work through the insulation to the light.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #12

Per your post, you want to use the same fan. An alternative would be the below fan. It does not require removing the entire housing. It has in-flow and out-flow settings. Also has very good user ratings.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APSSPEA/...=IAV65WUYC3IK7

Old 04-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
Per your post, you want to use the same fan. An alternative would be the below fan. It does not require removing the entire housing. It has in-flow and out-flow settings. Also has very good user ratings.

Amazon.com: RV Roof Vent Vortex II Ugrade Kit Multi-Speed Fan: Automotive
Yes, this is the one I recently installed, I installed the single speed fan in my previous TT
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #14

I would like to know this as well? We have a vent above the couch/Murphy bed, right next to a light fixture, in our Rockwood Mini lite 2304KS. I Would love to retrofit a reversible max air fan and outside cover to it. How do you find the right size? And where is the best place, price wise, to find them ?
Old 04-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #15
Pickin' & Campin'

Most all vent fans are designed to fit a standard 14" x 14" square hole.
Most every camping supply stores sell them and thousands can be found on the internet with a Google search.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Camper View Post
Yes, this is the one I recently installed, I installed the single speed fan in my previous TT

I installed this kit as well replacing the pathetic little bathroom vent fan. It was a straightforward installation. The new fan moves much more air.

Sent from my secret hardened bunker.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #17

Only problem with this over the fan fan design.... I don't have an existing fan, so I have to disassemble the vent opening to find the power source from the nearby 12v light anyhow - at which point I might as well replace the entire unit right? or is the power pretty easy to get to?

I may consider one of these in the bathroom area though,and then maybe I can just move my bathroom fan to the main living area.

Styg
Old 04-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #18
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
Only problem with this over the fan fan design.... I don't have an existing fan, so I have to disassemble the vent opening to find the power source from the nearby 12v light anyhow - at which point I might as well replace the entire unit right? or is the power pretty easy to get to?

I may consider one of these in the bathroom area though,and then maybe I can just move my bathroom fan to the main living area.

Styg
Sometimes 12v power is pretty easy to find and fish to a vent, sometimes not. I don't think you'll know until you get in there.

I would rethink moving the pathetic little vent fan to the main living area.
The ones I've had in a few different units were noisy and really didn't move much air, which is why you are contemplating replacing it in the bath area to begin with.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Sometimes 12v power is pretty easy to find and fish to a vent, sometimes not. I don't think you'll know until you get in there.

I would rethink moving the pathetic little vent fan to the main living area.
The ones I've had in a few different units were noisy and really didn't move much air, which is why you are contemplating replacing it in the bath area to begin with.
Agree 100%! It should be Against the Law to call them "FANS" they are "Noise Makers"! Youroo!!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #20

Hmmm the fan in my bathroom is the same size as the opening in my mail living area. Maybe the original owner swapped them?

Styg

Tags
fan, vent