Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
Originally Posted by grandpa001 View Post
What the customer can't see FR did not spend much time on it.
Amen brother!

I insulated cutting precisely, stapling and taping around all that stuff. If I had to do over, I would insulate the top side of the belly pan front to rear, side to side; I would still add the strips to the pan can be attached better. Still insulate the pipes and clean up the wiring. Beneath the toy garage, it is open and would have to done the hard way.

Follow up on cutting out the window covers. Cutting 1/4" over will make them too large. I actually ended up cutting most the actual sizes, but never under... not even a smidgen. Some have to go between the window and the screen, as well. I cut some slightly large and trimmed as I fitted them in.

With the larger the windows, the Refectix is reluctant it is to stay in place; so I plan to use lengths of stiff wire; to run across the window, and use mirror clips (those little clear plastic things for 1/4" mirror glass) screwed to the wall. The wire slips down into the gap the mirror mounts have; and being clear they are barely noticeable when the covers are down.

Can be used on ceiling vents too.

Here's a link to no particular site to show what I'm talking about.

Plastic Mirror Clip for 1/4" Mirror | Mirror Clips, Rosettes and Accessories
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reflectix-for-ceiling-windows-Medium.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	64720  

XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #12
Hey guys,

I realize this thread is a little dated but I was wondering how much cooling difference did insulating the under storage areas make. I have a Cherokee 274 TT and noticed that when I open the outer compartments, cool air rushes out. I'm looking to put 3/4" foam board in all the unfinished areas and then use luan to cover the foam for a smooth finish. I'm also looking at putting a gasket around the master bed frame access to the storage area as well.

2015 Cherokee Limited 274DBH
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1963 Thunderbird Landau 390
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
I can tell the difference. If I ever get to work in the south I will put in the 2 AC. Easier to cool and heat. Less air flow less temperature change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
I had to open up an area about 1' x 2' of the corroplast to work on my gate valves and a couple of other incidentals and noticed that some of the area beneath the corroplast was not insulated with fiberglass insulation. I'm wondering if they just got lazy and didn't insulate the whole area above where the corroplast is, or what the reason was. Any ideas? At any rate I plan on filling the space I've open up with some insulation. Thanks for your feedback!!
Bob Brady
2010 T28RKS Forest River Wildcat
Chevy DuraMax
bradybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #15
mine had no insulation between floor and coro. I stapled / taped Reflectix and another type of thin insulation to the floor underneath but would like to replace coro with 2" foam board.

XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote