Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Question Aeroflow vent covers

We are getting ready to put some aeroflow vent covers on the TT, but aren't sure what color to get. The roof is white, but I would like to use the smoke colored vent covers. It seems the smoke colored ones might keep out more of the hot sun and help keep the TT cool, but the white ones would match the roof and existing vent covers. The smoke would go along with the trim on the TT. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #2

I have covers over my vents....just keep in mind that the dark ones will darken the room more than the white ones...I went with white...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Site Team

If you can return the vent cover (unused of course) I would buy one of each color and place on the roof top to see which one gets the vote. But then I'm a visual person.

In the end I don't think it will really matter except maybe to you.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAlover View Post
We are getting ready to put some aeroflow vent covers on the TT, but aren't sure what color to get. The roof is white, but I would like to use the smoke colored vent covers. It seems the smoke colored ones might keep out more of the hot sun and help keep the TT cool, but the white ones would match the roof and existing vent covers. The smoke would go along with the trim on the TT. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Actually, I think that the lighter the color (i.e. - white) will reflect the heat of the sun better. Otherwise the complete roof would be black

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

I understand what you're saying, VTX-Al, about a black roof absorbing heat, but the windows are tinted black or so they appear from the outside, and they keep out the heat. I guess that was what I was wondering about the clear smoke tinted covers. We had white covers on our previous TT and they were fine, so we will probably stick with white.

Does anyone out there have a dark or tinted vent cover? I like the idea of trying both colors and deciding which is best, but I hate sending things back, and I am ordering on Amazon.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
Old 02-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Site Team

If you are ordering online it would be best to select a color and not worry about it.

My fantastic fan has a smoke color cover that I like better than the orignial fan white cover. Even though its a different color than some of the other items on the roof I think it looks good.

It's not my unit but I would vote for the smoke color cover.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #7

I went with the smoke colored Maxxairs. The covers don't make it too dark inside, and I would think as you do, that it might help (ever so slightly) to keep it cooler, just like tinted windows. I really can't say too much about it, because we have not had the camper very long...
b1b1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #8

Thanks for the help -I think we'll go with the smoke tinted covers.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #9

We went with smoke MaxxAir II's on our previous TT. I did so to let in more light and had no problem with the crank up plastic covers deteriorating from the sun.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAlover View Post
I understand what you're saying, VTX-Al, about a black roof absorbing heat, but the windows are tinted black or so they appear from the outside, and they keep out the heat. I guess that was what I was wondering about the clear smoke tinted covers. We had white covers on our previous TT and they were fine, so we will probably stick with white.

Does anyone out there have a dark or tinted vent cover? I like the idea of trying both colors and deciding which is best, but I hate sending things back, and I am ordering on Amazon.
Actually, I guess I should have added that, in truth, I don't think that any color of the vent covers would have any significant effect on heat radiation into the trailer. It's more esthetics than anything else, so whatever floats your boat works for me !!

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote