Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #1

altering floorplan

Wondering if anyone has purchased a new FR TT, but had some changes made to the floorplan. Don't know if this is possible. Have e-mail sent to FR, but thought I would ask you all if you have ever heard of anyone doing this or have done it yourself while I am waiting on their response.
Thanks for any info
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Always Learning

Yes and no. I talked to Primetime about a u-shaped dinette and they protoyped one for us. But, they could not move the awning rearward like we requested and its placement was on our "must not"' list, so we moved on.

I've been told that the awning's location on my model was swayed by my input (there was internal debate and we were the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back).

I've talked to reps about minor changes to furniture in bunkhouses. And cabinets in outdoor kitchens.

I also have gotten a big fat "can't do it" from Brookstone regarding their 395RL for changes that I'd like to see.

Most of my requests were tweaks, not big changes.

What are you after?

I know there are threads and pictures where people took on their own camper's. One that I recall- a guy built bunks where his sofa lives. Another built a beautiful custom sofa.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #3

I do not know if FR will change the layout but check out North American RV and Cargo trailers. They will custom build your trailer and will also make it Handicap Accessible.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. Just want to replace murphy bed with regular bed & replace dinette with sofa. This would also create pass through storage. (Flagstaff 25KS & Rockwood twin).Would really like to have large bathroom but don't want to give up outside storage.Currently have Flagstaff 21FBRS.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #5
Always Learning

I can imagine them working with you on these except for possibly the outside storage since the framing of the camper could need to be modified for that. Otherwise, they might be able to help you out.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Always Learning

I know this was from the weekend, but I'm curious if you've heard anything.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #7

Yes I did. What I was wanting could not be done because the pantry & wardrobe would not have room to slide in with a standard bed; there would not be enough clearance.