Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #1

another "use" for our TT

I'm going to "modify" one of our underseat/underbed storage compartments to make it into a "safe" for our numerous firearms and ammo - between the 2 of us we have a total of 9 handguns and 1 shotgun - and the list is growing (the shotgun and 1 of the handguns are relegated to household duty however)

looking for a metal footlocker that I'll be able to secure to the floor and then will also convert-to-a-locked whatever seat/mattress under cushion access

we are fortunate that we have our TT parked on our parking pad - all within our 6'6" fence and wrought iron gates, no open access from the street.....Bill

Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Cool, I usually move my pistol between the truck console and the trailer tv shelf or night stand drawer, my wife usually keeps hers in the diaper bag!
Never take more than that, but if I did, probably need something like what your doin'!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #3

Get one of those shorter Stackon gun lockers and lay it on it's back where you want to locate it.

I have two different .45acp pistols, one in the truck and one in the trailoer plus a short barreled 870 pump gun. Never know what will come knocking.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #4

actually, the "storage" thought/mod would be only for when the TT is parked on my property - to get the bulk of the guns out of the house

when traveling, most guns would come back into the house and kept in a "secret" attic - don't want to use this when we're home as it's not easy access for the amount of range shooting that we do

the 1 handgun (soon to be 2 when Wife gets her license) and the short shotgun that I normally keep in the house for protection would go with us when we haul the trailer - so a dedicated "safe" isn't really needed.....Bill
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Oklahoma Proud

Wouldn't a safe in the house be a little easier, like in a closet. We put a 48 gun, safe inside our house when we were building it 2-3 years ago- put in the laundry room. Granted we have a rather large laundry room at 12'x16' but we use the safe for abstracts, jewelry, cash, tax papers, pics and other stuff besides guns and ammo since it has a very high and long fire rating. And in case of a tornado our valubles should be easier to find!The only thing is I wish it was bigger, but I'm not moving it again!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

This thread is a bit odd for an RV forum (although a dedicated gun nut myself) and I let it go while you were discussing the travel security of your sporting equipment while camping.

I am going to close this thread as it is obviously not camping related.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Closed Thread