Old 09-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #1

We have a Wolf Pup 16 bhs and am wanting to upgrade the tv antenna. I've been looking at the King Jack. Any one have this antenna? Pros/cons?

Sfogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:29 AM   #2
We have a 2014 Palomino Columbus with the winegard sensar w/batwing antenna. Bought a Jack replacement head for the winegard, installed & tested- received less channels than the batwing antenna. Reinstalled original antenna. I'm a ham radio operator so I'm used to experimenting with antennas,etc.
The only benefit would be if you got the whole jack antenna (low profile) & then you would never have to remember to crank it down. But I did not see any improvement.

rapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
I bought a jack to replace my bat wing type and saw a great improvement in my area. The only channels I got were local type...I have direct tv ultra premier something the other at I am very spoiled. I think some of it has to do with the area you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
I have had the round stock low profile (stock) one on both of my campers and it's junk. I would like to upgrade my antenna as well. Guy camping across from me had the wind up crossbar type and he was getting lots of channels. Now that football season is here I would like to get a few games when I am out.
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
King Jack flaw

My 2012 Open Range came with one of these. They are easy to knock off the roof as they do not retract and are about a foot high.

My problem was the internal coax cable between the head and the amp. came apart at a connector. It is easy to turn the antenna to far to search for the best position for most channels. This stressed the cable and it pulled apart.

My present trailer came with the tried and true Winegard batwing that I added the extra ??? wings to and it does good job on what is available in the area. My backup is Dish Network with an old Winegard Carryout I paid huge bucks for way back when.

Get something trees will not remove and that has easily repaired cables.
Charles & Martha Myatt
2009 Duramax w/Transfer Flow Fuel Tank
2016 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WFKSS

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote