Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #221

I installed two backup cameras on the rear and back corner (blind side) of the fiver which are hardwired through a separate 6-pin plug. I have a switch on the dash so that I can display any of three cameras (one on the back of the truck, and the two on the trailer) at any time, not just when in reverse. That way I can keep track of who's tailgating my trailer when on the road. The whole project cost about $150 with parts from Amazon.

We were short of counter space in the trailer, so I built a cabinet that uses the sink covers as counter top. The cabinet slides into a track that attaches it to the end of the counter by the sink to make an "L" shaped counter, or it can be used as a small island. I used the cabinet doors from the area under the TV where I installed a fireplace the previous year so the rolling cabinet matches the rest of the kitchen, as does the counter top.

I also ran dedicated circuits for the fireplace, and for an Edenpure electric heater we like to use on colder days. Our breaker panel had two "unused" circuits, one for the forward A/C unit, which we don't have, and one for the washer/dryer hookup, which we also don't have. I just used each of those circuits for the fireplace and heater. That way, no blown breakers when I use the coffee maker, the toaster oven, and the fireplace all at the same time.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDguy View Post
I installed two backup cameras on the rear and back corner (blind side) of the fiver which are hardwired through a separate 6-pin plug. I have a switch on the dash so that I can display any of three cameras (one on the back of the truck, and the two on the trailer) at any time, not just when in reverse. That way I can keep track of who's tailgating my trailer when on the road. The whole project cost about $150 with parts from Amazon.

We were short of counter space in the trailer, so I built a cabinet that uses the sink covers as counter top. The cabinet slides into a track that attaches it to the end of the counter by the sink to make an "L" shaped counter, or it can be used as a small island. I used the cabinet doors from the area under the TV where I installed a fireplace the previous year so the rolling cabinet matches the rest of the kitchen, as does the counter top.

I also ran dedicated circuits for the fireplace, and for an Edenpure electric heater we like to use on colder days. Our breaker panel had two "unused" circuits, one for the forward A/C unit, which we don't have, and one for the washer/dryer hookup, which we also don't have. I just used each of those circuits for the fireplace and heater. That way, no blown breakers when I use the coffee maker, the toaster oven, and the fireplace all at the same time.
Brilliant design on the cabinet! Looks great!

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #223

Great job on your cabinet! You definitely have woodworking talent.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #224

Finished the draws for under the dinette and in the bottom of the front door cabinet in our 2608ws

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-379814232.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	32463

Name:	image-2577794620.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	32464

Name:	image-3356352170.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	32465

Name:	image-1378022136.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	32466

Name:	image-1384022154.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	32467
Old 06-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #225

Looks great! I love those full-extension drawer slides.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight1 View Post
can you tell me the dimensions of the tool box? I want to do something similar. Thanks
I installed the same box (maybe?) on my trailer. It is 69" long x 12" high x 12" wide (approx.). There is also a shorter version that is 61" long. From lowes, BTW I paid $219 in Canada. The same thing from another poster stated it was $119! Hosed again in Canada...

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineysideup View Post

I installed the same box (maybe?) on my trailer. It is 69" long x 12" high x 12" wide (approx.). There is also a shorter version that is 61" long. From lowes, BTW I paid $219 in Canada. The same thing from another poster stated it was $119! Hosed again in Canada...
I got the 61" box just to make sure the turning radius was not messed with. I paid $159 for the box. The other measurements are all the same.
Firefighter938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter938 View Post

I got the 61" box just to make sure the turning radius was not messed with. I paid $159 for the box. The other measurements are all the same.
Did u make any holes for ventilation for the battery or is there enough air flow?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #229

I just added my vent holes this weekend while camping. Two 3" sink vents. I put one on the front and one on the side. Air should go in the front and be sucked out the side.

If your best was good enough today........
It won't be tomorrow.
Feldhege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
I just added my vent holes this weekend while camping. Two 3" sink vents. I put one on the front and one on the side. Air should go in the front and be sucked out the side.
Maybe in having a brain fart, but what is a sink vent? Any pics? I found the 69" box today at Lowes for $159 and plan on getting it soon. My Roo only has one exterior compartment and this would really help out.