Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #1

Anyone do mods to kitchen in Tracer 2600RLS

I'm looking to do some cabinet mods in a Tracer 2600RLS. Has anyone here been there done that? Would love input and pix please. Thank you~~~
Old 09-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #2

I am so striking out lately...
Old 09-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #3

I don't have that model but do have kitchen cabinets. What kind of mods you thinking of? They could possibly apply to other models kitchens... I love our pull out rack in the skinny pantry.
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #4

What about your cabinets now, don't you like? For example, in our Surveyor, the utensil drawers are tiny. Usually the best place to start is with what you don't like, or what you can't store, then find a solution.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #5

There is a general lack of storage. This unit has a lot of pluses but I call it a man camper! Has all the bells and whistles he wanted.

The long and short of it is there is no storage under oven but there is an access panel which I intend to investigate as soon as it comes home. Under the sink there are triangle shaped, very small shelves and I'm wondering what's behind that panel Thankfully it does have drawers. Also, there is space for storage under the sofa, I picked up some plastic bins which are about the right size to serve as drawers. I am also consulting with a friend that does cabinet work to put in doors/drawers under the benches as there is no side access only under the cushions.

This particular camper is a gimme for DH. He got the items he loves this time, so next time I'm hitting him up for a Class C LOL, going to buy lottery tickets.....
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

Sounds like you're checking out all your potential storage areas!!
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Site Team

behind under the sink cab is a
Water heater , water pump and duck work if its like my 2670bhs

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #8

Platokidd ~ thanks, that's kind of what I was expecting based on what I can see outside, but was hoping...... We'll get in there in a day or two and see exactly what we have to work with. DH was funny, he asked me why it mattered since I don't cook anyway very funny anyway, camp cooking just tastes better for some reason.

I was just looking at another thread about where you like to camp and we typically aren't in a remote location so it's not uncommon for us to eat a light breakfast, sandwiches, etc for lunch then go out for a nice dinner ~ sometimes we do a grilled supper and that doesnt really require too much kitchen.

I guess we'll find out soon
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #9

Your best bet would be to recover the space under the dinette. If you could add some doors then you could put long drawers in that area for storing pots, pans, plastic ware and such.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #10

yep, I agree, that's my first thing to do
Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #11

Clancy, if you add drawers under the dinette please post pics etc... We were thinking about doing the same, but have not done anything there yet.
RCLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #12

I decided to try things out before doing any mods. The first weekend went fairly well. Our sofa is the jackknife style that sits on top of a wooden frame and has a lot of open area. Further, the skirt in front velcros down so that 3 nice sized rubbermaid style containers fit nicely. I used them for pots and pans, mixing and storage bowls and colander, and assorted small appliances not often used. That worked reasonably well. Unlike some folks on the forum I'm not overly handy with woodworking (I can build it, it just isn't too pretty) so if I do, I will most likely pay for a cabinet maker to do it ~ with that in mind, I want to be sure it's worth it.

I'll post pix if I decide to go for it