Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #1

Anyone have a carefree or pattyoroom...

...screen room?
What are the pro's and con's? I am thinking about adding a screen room to my new unit and I am needing any advice I can get. Thank you for your time. Happy camping.
Daren S.
St. Joseph, MI
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2304
Campski65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #2

We just set ours up for the first time....
A couple of things to be aware.... They are heavy in terms of transport.
Easy to put up... Took us maybe 15 minutes and that was the first time., but I would not use it for a one night stay, too much packing and folding to put away, but great if you are staying somewhere for several days.
They definitely increase your space....and if you are in a part of the world where there are lots of bugs they are great. Also I find it works great for a place to leave shoes etc. And have them stay dry. What I like best about it, is that the side panels can be rolled down to create shade and privacy, thus allowing you to be outside truly all day and even if it is raining. I even packed a foldable chaise lounge for ours which has become my favorite place to be when camping.
However... They are not totally a perfect fit... There are openings along Where the screen room meets the trailer... You would need to pick up some long foam edging to stick in there to make it completely tight. The stuff that insulates pipes would work, you can get it at home depot.
Also pick up some silicone spray to put into the track before you insert the first panel. It also works well on sticky zippers.
I would buy the largest one you can get for your camper... If you are going to do it, then go for it.
Enjoy

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #3

we had one with our popup ansd we loved it. extra space to put stuff outside but still in the shade. Also I could unzip teh large side window and the AC from the popup would cool the add a room. I would keep coolers/bikes/fishing stuff all inside the add a room and out of sight.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

here is a pic of our former rig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24696_114990575180469_100000085812501_273621_2917478_n.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	6814  
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #5

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better, add a room, with multiple panels or carefree with only 3 panels?
HoseDraggerLFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #6

This is a silly question, but do any of these put weight on the Awning and if so, do you any of you use a Electric Awning?

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #7

We have the Patty-O-Room on our Rockwood 5th wheel with an electric 20' awning. It does add some weight to the awning and forces it down to a position where it can't go down any further. We put the awning in a horizontal placement by tightening the knobs on the awning. This doesn't allow for the auto dump when it rains. We have to do that manually, but the room inside is incredible. The add-a-room is adjustable for different heights of awnings and the only complaint I have with it is the flaps are on the inside and when it rains, the water runs inside from the screens. If the flaps were on the outside, it would not allow the rain in.
We had one on our tent trailer that had clear vinly flaps on the outside when it rained and the regular privacy flaps on the inside.

Hope this answeres your question

Camping 2012: 40 nights
wakamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote