Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #1

anyone mod the galley water tank drain

our Flagstaff has a separate galley tank for sink water collection and must be drained separate from black/grey water. the drain connection is under the front room slide and poorly located to access. must crawl under the extended slide to hook up hose and then go back to open and close the drain valve.
has any one added drain line to get it back to the accessible area or ??? some other way?
Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #2

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mod-41818.html
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etcmss View Post
our Flagstaff has a separate galley tank for sink water collection and must be drained separate from black/grey water. the drain connection is under the front room slide and poorly located to access. must crawl under the extended slide to hook up hose and then go back to open and close the drain valve.
has any one added drain line to get it back to the accessible area or ??? some other way?
Gary
Before i saw Rugged's mod, i added a valve onto the galley tank, and pointed the handle to the front of the trailer. The new valve just attaches like a sewer hose. The original valve stays open and i can reach the new one without crawling under. Works fine. The downside is I still have 2 connections to use every time i dump.
I have also seen trailers with 2 hoses run and a Y at the sewer end. If u did that the galley tank hose could be connected before you run the slide out.
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by etcmss View Post
Gary
Here is how I did it. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ank-20516.html
Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #5

galley tank drain

yep, exactly what I wanted........thanks
Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank, water, water tank