Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If so how you like it? Work as advertised?

Our new TH has Westlake tires,ie. china. TPMS cost around $400. New Goodyear tires around $600+. Long trip ahead,low on $,but concerned Roll die? New tires? TPMS ?
Help!
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
If so how you like it? Work as advertised?

Our new TH has Westlake tires,ie. china. TPMS cost around $400. New Goodyear tires around $600+. Long trip ahead,low on $,but concerned Roll die? New tires? TPMS ?
Help!
look here my phriend phor some info !

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Running Gear - Axles, Tires and Brakes
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #3

Bought a TireTracker system and have a total of 10 sensors to cover the truck and camper. Also got the booster with it as part of a package but have had no problems with range. Once you set it up and program it it works great.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I bought one for use on our last rip to FL. Worked flawlessly with the exception of the temps. The right side had temps continuously at least 5 degrees higher than left. Was concerned at first that I had a hub getting hot, then realized the exhaust from my truck was the culprit.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I bought one for use on our last rip to FL. Worked flawlessly with the exception of the temps. The right side had temps continuously at least 5 degrees higher than left. Was concerned at first that I had a hub getting hot, then realized the exhaust from my truck was the culprit.
Wow that's sensitive.. Thinking it to be a good idea,cause I could have a prob with new tires too,n would not now it. The oem tires may be ok, but I'll have less lines on my forehead,during trip.
I see QC has tire tracker, what u got?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Bought a TireTracker system and have a total of 10 sensors to cover the truck and camper. Also got the booster with it as part of a package but have had no problems with range. Once you set it up and program it it works great.
What package,did u get n from whom ? Looks like bout $150 or so to add for trk Usually would not worry bout trk,but might be good with extra # of trailer
Normally a $ 350-400 investment is a nobrainer,just burn'n through $ tryn to do too much too fast, now it's get'n down to choices So thanks for weigh'n in.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #7

Bought from tpms works great and being able to see whats going on in the tires on your tt in your truck is very reassuring.. Have factory installed in my truck as well.. I love the thought of being able to monitor and be notified sooner than later .....prevention is the best medicine
massachusetts
pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony express View Post
Bought from tpms works great and being able to see whats going on in the tires on your tt in your truck is very reassuring.. Have factory installed in my truck as well.. I love the thought of being able to monitor and be notified sooner than later .....prevention is the best medicine
Thanks Pony! More n more sounds like, I'll find a way to get some. Prevention is key,it's not so much chang'n tire in rain or what ever,think it is worth it to try and prevent $500 deductible,and potential down time. I've seen some nasty pics of aftermath!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just had a visual of trk cab at night! Reg dash lights,4 ga pod on pillar,GPS,brake control,kenwood audio,...TPMS ....dag-on! How to watch all that and the Road? Might have to ware my shades,
Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Cant remember right off hand, I have info at office, but only paid around $225 for 4 sensor monitor. Truck has factory sensors.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #11

I have a Pressure Pro TPMS system, on all 10 tires (4 each on truck and TT, plus a spare for each). Hasn't let me down yet!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Toy-aholic

I cut a tire hopping a curb with our 1 mo. old 31' TT and drove about 15 mi before someone on the interstate pulled up next to me & told me of a flat on the trailer.....had no idea I had a flat...didn't feel a thing. Tire was shreaded & NO body damage! The very next week I had a tpms system from TST on it. Works awesome!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #13

Sorry, every once and a while I have to go back and correct myself. Mine isn't a TireTracker it is a TireMinder. Bought it from Dyers online. This is the package that I got and then went ahead and ordered 4 more sensors for a total of 10 as my truck doesn't have a TPMS from the factory.

Tire Minder 6 Tire Wireless Monitoring System with Booster - Tire Pressure Monitors - Towing & Automotive

I had to contact TireMinder one time for support and it was excellent (amazing the effect of polarized sunglasses can have when looking at an LCD display).
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #14

I have the TireMinder system also. Works well. Save me from shredding a tire that was going down slowly on a long trip. Used the system to calculate if I could make it to a place to have the tire repaired without damage.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote