Old 05-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #1

Apex nano 208bhs

New member here. Been searching a little while but haven’t found any answers to my questions yet. My wife and I recently purchased a new apex nano 208bhs. We really love this camper except for the Murphy bed. The Murphy bed in this model is different than most of the Murphy beds we saw when we were shopping. Most of the beds have a solid board that supports the mattress when it is folded down. On our bed the mattress has a seam in the middle with no wood under it to support it once we fold it down. What we end up with is the upper half of the mattress being supported by the pass through storage compartment and the lower half supported by the folded down sofa. The problem that this causes is right where the folded sofa meets the bulkhead there is no support for the mattress and our hips happen to line up perfectly with this unsupported spot. Very uncomfortable and painful on our backs. I’m wondering if anyone has already dealt with this problem before I start modding this bed. Sorry so long!

Geaux camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux camp View Post
New member here. Been searching a little while but havenít found any answers to my questions yet. My wife and I recently purchased a new apex nano 208bhs. We really love this camper except for the Murphy bed. The Murphy bed in this model is different than most of the Murphy beds we saw when we were shopping. Most of the beds have a solid board that supports the mattress when it is folded down. On our bed the mattress has a seam in the middle with no wood under it to support it once we fold it down. What we end up with is the upper half of the mattress being supported by the pass through storage compartment and the lower half supported by the folded down sofa. The problem that this causes is right where the folded sofa meets the bulkhead there is no support for the mattress and our hips happen to line up perfectly with this unsupported spot. Very uncomfortable and painful on our backs. Iím wondering if anyone has already dealt with this problem before I start modding this bed. Sorry so long!
Iím sure youíre not the only one. I noticed the dealerships seem reluctant to carry that option. They wouldnít outright say itís uncomfortable, but they do mention that it limits mattress upgrade options.

We have a 208BHS and love it as well. We didnít go with the bendy-bed option because we didnít like the idea of having to make and strip the bedding So frequently. But I suppose there are ways around that, and Iíll bet the extra seating is really nice. So Iím envious in a way.

Itís been a while since you posted this. Have you found a workaround for the mattress dead spot?

Shanksworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #3

We bought a mattress topper to start with. We haven’t been able to go camping again to see if it helps. Im thinking a pool noodle under the seam might help. Trying to find a simple solution first.
Geaux camp is offline   Reply With Quote