Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #1

As Req. GT378 bedroom TV mount mod.

As requested here are a couple of pics of how I removed the TV mount/divider in our Georgetown 378. Not only is the bedroom TV in our rig mounted flat to the wall (which makes it hard to see when lying in bed) but due to the divider being where it is they have cut off access to a lot of usable storage.

The cupboard divider wall is made of what appears to be 1 x 2" wood framing covered with the thin paneling used throughout the motorhome. On one side of the divider is the 110V outlet, Antenna cable outlet and the A/V cables for the TV.

I carefully took apart the divider and removed it. Using the wood inside the divider I made a new frame to span the left rear corner of the cupboard and then used the existing paneling over it with the outlets in it. The AV cables exit the wall up by the ceiling and cannot be relocated behind the corner divider, however there really is no need to do this and the wiring will be screwed to the ceiling with cable holders by the time I am done to keep them out of the way.

The grey wire exiting the hole on the right side of the divider comes from the porch light switch at the front door and is run for a 2nd porch light which will be mounted towards the rear of the rig on the other side of the wall from the cupboard.

As of yet I have not finalized how to mount the TV in the hole. My original idea, while it would have worked, did not allow for quick and easy removal of the TV. Because we use the TV in the house when we aren't in the RV it needs to be easily removable. Other things have delayed my progress on the project but as soon as I have it worked out I will post more on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OldTVmount.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newdivider.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	2128  
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #2

Thanks

Thanks NWJeeper, looking forward to more info.
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, tv mount