Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #1

Attn: Mini Lite w/ Murphy Bed Owners

I just picked up our new Mini Lite 2306 on Saturday and spent a while trying to figure out where to store everything (hoses, power cords, tool box, sewer fitting, etc). I love the trailer but still need to figure out where to put everything.

I was wondering if anyone did any cool mods to their outside storage bays to add storage or free up space so everything wasn't stacked on top of each other. If you did pics would be great and thanks in advance!
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #2

About time! :P Let's see some pics!

Can't help you with the outside storage question. We've used ours as-is and haven't felt the need to change anything. What are you looking to store? I have all my plastic feet and chocks in the front passenger side storage, my electrical cable and adapters in the front driver's side, and my hoses / adapters (in bins) in the rear driver's side.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #3

Thanks! I posted a couple pics in the "Let's see some of those tow rigs..." thread. They aren't the best and I will work on new ones on our next trip.

In the front passenger side bay, I have a small portable grill, portable propane cylinders, stabilizer jack tool, the small table that fits on the side of the camper, and some small starter logs.

In the front drivers side bay, I have a small tool box and a few miscellaneous tools, roadside assistance stuff (Trailer Aid and triangles), power cords, power adapters, sewer fittings, etc.

My wife wants to leave the storage area in the rear for the kids clothes and maybe laundry bags.

I was thinking of getting some peg board to hang some stuff from and maybe some hooks to hang the power cords and water hoses but wanted to see if anyone else had any better ideas based on how they did it. We previously had a larger unit that had much more storage. Bigger isn't always better so we sacrificed storage for a more manageable unit.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
Thanks! I posted a couple pics in the "Let's see some of those tow rigs..." thread. They aren't the best and I will work on new ones on our next trip.

In the front passenger side bay, I have a small portable grill, portable propane cylinders, stabilizer jack tool, the small table that fits on the side of the camper, and some small starter logs.

In the front drivers side bay, I have a small tool box and a few miscellaneous tools, roadside assistance stuff (Trailer Aid and triangles), power cords, power adapters, sewer fittings, etc.

My wife wants to leave the storage area in the rear for the kids clothes and maybe laundry bags.

I was thinking of getting some peg board to hang some stuff from and maybe some hooks to hang the power cords and water hoses but wanted to see if anyone else had any better ideas based on how they did it. We previously had a larger unit that had much more storage. Bigger isn't always better so we sacrificed storage for a more manageable unit.
You guys have rear storage too?? I'm green with envy. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your new camper.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Albuquerque, NM

Congrats on your new camper. Last year we picked up a 2304, but it was built without the Murphy bed & we have lots of storage with a 'pass-thru' under the bed. I did make a change to the shelving in the bathroom wardrobe, to add more shelf space that was demanded by my wife!... Maybe these pics will help with some ideas.

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath cabinet 1.before.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	13796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath cabinet 2.after.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	13797  
2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Char_n_Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #6

Oh wow, you keep your grill in your outside storage! That'll eat up a lot of room. We keep ours under the sofa -- lots of unused room under there.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
Oh wow, you keep your grill in your outside storage! That'll eat up a lot of room. We keep ours under the sofa -- lots of unused room under there.
I never thought of under the sofa. How do you access the area...from behind it or is there an easier way that they forgot to mention to me during the PDI? I would just be concerned that stuff would shift to the front and then be difficult to reach.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #8

Just lift the sofa halfway up (as if you were going to fold it flat). That'll give you enough room to put the grill under there. I haven't had a problem with anything sliding too far forward, but I suppose it could -- I'd just reach in there with my awning hook or something to pull it out if need be.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #9

Congrats on the new rig. We have a micro-lite 23fb w/ the murphy bed. We have two small storage areas in the front of the camper on each side. On the right we store the grille, side table, grille bracket, hitch accessories. On the left we store all electric, water, sewer, wheel chocks, small tool bag. Our rear storage is completly occupied by the water filter. I have poked around in the side storage compartments and it appears there is no room for expansion. With the murphy bed in the up position your pillow is literally 5 to 6 inches from your sewer equipment, with just a small piece of luan seperating. I actually spray foamed all the seams in both front compartments due to the cold in early fall overnights. It did help some. If anyone else finds any hidden storage please let everyone know.
2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6l V8, 4x4, tow pkg, 4:10 gears
Nights Camped:
2013: 12 booked so far
2012: 14
2011: 12
Russell713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell713 View Post
With the murphy bed in the up position your pillow is literally 5 to 6 inches from your sewer equipment, with just a small piece of luan seperating. I actually spray foamed all the seams in both front compartments due to the cold in early fall overnights.
That's a good point about the sewer and pillow. I need to rethink that storage. In the meantime, please don't tell the Mrs.

I actually was thinking of getting some fence post and installing it on the rear bumper. It shouldn't be difficult. I would need to just make sure I get a large enough diameter so all of the fittings will fit.

Tags
bed