Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
B47

Aural deer warning device

My DW brought something that is mounted on the front of a TV that is supposed to enit a signal that will frightened deer so they will not run into your TV.

There are two bullet shaped devices, one that has an opening though the assembly and is mounted on the left front of the TV and the other is similar shaped but doesn't have an opening though it that goes on the right front bumper. Both are removeable from their mounting bases for cleaning.

I believe it is made by Bell.

Anyone use these or have any experience with them?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2

Deer whistles

Sounds like you installed deer whistles. They make a supersonic noise kind of like a dog whistle. We can't hear them but bambi sure can. My parents took a caravan tour of Alaska a number of years ago. They would hear on the CB that wildlife was ahead and have the camera ready. Their group would get there and no wildlife. Turned out the guy in lead had deer whistles, put him at the back and they started seeing wildlife.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #3

Smile

Yep, they work but you must be going 15 MPH or faster. I've used them on our trucks and cars and even on my Semi tractor when I was working..

There is a better deer whistle that works very well moving or setting still. It will keep the deer off your vehicle. It can be seen here and it's worth every cent you pay for it. The Hornet Deer Whistle - Electronic Deer Avoidance System It's electric with one wire hooked to the battery and one ground wire with a on and off toggle switch attached to your dash. Check it out.. Much better then the little plastic ones that stick on.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasnipe View Post
Sounds like you installed deer whistles. They make a supersonic noise kind of like a dog whistle. We can't hear them but bambi sure can. My parents took a caravan tour of Alaska a number of years ago. They would hear on the CB that wildlife was ahead and have the camera ready. Their group would get there and no wildlife. Turned out the guy in lead had deer whistles, put him at the back and they started seeing wildlife.

Chris in Virginia
Thanks for the information. Sounds like they work.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
Yep, they work but you must be going 15 MPH or faster. I've used them on our trucks and cars and even on my Semi tractor when I was working..

There is a better deer whistle that works very well moving or setting still. It will keep the deer off your vehicle. It can be seen here and it's worth every cent you pay for it. The Hornet Deer Whistle - Electronic Deer Avoidance System It's electric with one wire hooked to the battery and one ground wire with a on and off toggle switch attached to your dash. Check it out.. Much better then the little plastic ones that stick on.
Thanks - no matter what I buy it always seems like there is a better model/version of it available somewhere else.

We might look into this one.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #6

I always put them on my vehicle. Bought a vehicle a few years ago and keep putting off getting whistles on it. Only vehicle I ever hit a deer with.
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1 View Post
I always put them on my vehicle. Bought a vehicle a few years ago and keep putting off getting whistles on it. Only vehicle I ever hit a deer with.
That is about as good of an endorstment for them as you can get.