Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Awnings question

Bought a 2013 rockwood 8312ss diamond pkg. it has the 2 awnings, it is parked on a permanent site, i was wondering if anyone has an idea on what to use or do. There is about a 2 ft gap between the awnings and for rainy days i want it to be one solid unit. Thinkin of a mod for spring. It would have to be able to put on and off when the awning rolls up.
rkive00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #2

Depending on how high you can reach, maybe an insert with Velcro on the edges that can be stuck on and pulled off ?? Just throwing ideas out there.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #3

Sorta what i was thinking get a piece of waterproof material that can be velcroed to the awning arms
rkive00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkive00 View Post
Sorta what i was thinking get a piece of waterproof material that can be velcroed to the awning arms
Yeah ! something like that. When I need awning material, I go to campgrounds after big T-Storms roll thru. There's always a few busted up awnings laying by the dumpsters.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkive00 View Post
Bought a 2013 rockwood 8312ss diamond pkg. it has the 2 awnings, it is parked on a permanent site, i was wondering if anyone has an idea on what to use or do. There is about a 2 ft gap between the awnings and for rainy days i want it to be one solid unit. Thinkin of a mod for spring. It would have to be able to put on and off when the awning rolls up.
Walmart sells a clear, thick plastic on a roll in their fabric department. I buy a piece with an extra 6 inches on each side. I get large paper clips, the kind you squeeze open then flip the metal ends over, at the dollar tree. Put the plastic between the two awnings. Attach to each awning with several clips. It has worked great and inexpensively for me for years!
chapauniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Yeah ! something like that. When I need awning material, I go to campgrounds after big T-Storms roll thru. There's always a few busted up awnings laying by the dumpsters.
That's because the didn't buy my awning pole bracket kits and install poles and tie downs.

Tags
awning