Old 01-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #1

Baby Gear

Howdy,

I'm wondering what 'gear' people have for camping with babies. We've been out a couple times with our 6 year old and our new September-born daughter (once when she was 10 days old). We didn't have anything "special" with for her, but she was tiny then.

We're probably going for a week in March, and going plenty of weekends this summer. She'll be 6 months old for the trip in March.

We have a Rockwood 2306 (bunkhouse).

We're thinking we need some sort of Bumbo as a booster seat (though we don't care for Bumbos as a general rule). It needs to be small to fit on the bench. She'll be eating oatmeal by then, so spoon-feeding is required.

We've seen an "activity center" which is sorta like a bouncer crossed with a normal foldable camp chair (http://a.co/8wzfwf0).

I plan to do some sort of "bumpers" in "her" bunk to keep her in it and to keep her from going way down to the bottom. With that, we don't need to make mods to fit a pack-n-play or anything like that. In theory, that takes care of sleeping.

So, anybody have must-have baby stuffs?

aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

We used that linked "activity center" as our high chair and way of feeding little dude.

If you want something more formal, there is also a specific fold-up high chair that's made in the same style.

We also had something like this from when my daughter was little and it just got stored for when baby #2 came along: https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Sp.../dp/B00PX8PQSU

It gave him some outside time but also contained him once he was crawling. BUT- I'll admit, its use was also short-lived and it was heavy. But for a short time, it worked.

We also used the baby wearing carriers. I could do almost all of my normal camp stuff while wearing him. Lots of options in styles. We used one that had some clips and held him in place.

For sleep- sorry to say, we opted for a pack and play. The bumpres didn't go up high enough for my comfort. If they're the tiniest bit mobile and decide to crawl, they'll go over the side of most bumpers. When we had a full-house (11 of us in the rig), we would setup the dinette in the sleeping position and put the pack and play on there. Got him out of the way and still let me feel like he was secured.

Once we decided to change up- I basically planned on building a "cage" for the boy to enclose a bunk. I think I saw something on here about that. Saves the floor space and still gives a secure area. Don't think of it as a cage- that's barbaric, don'tcha know?

Hope that helps! I MISS those days.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #3

We have a high chair that folds like a camping chair that we use for the grand kids......
Its ok for a week here and there would not want to use it everyday, and yes a pack and play...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #4

Ciao makes a Baby Go Anywhere high chair. We are going to get one for our new grand child.
pojp58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #5

We use the pack in play for sleeping and this clip on chair for eating and such https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000A...-HL&ref=plSrch
wickedwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwyrm View Post
We use the pack in play for sleeping and this clip on chair for eating and such https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000A...-HL&ref=plSrch

We used the same one for picnic tables outside but never trusted the extra weight/leverage for the inside dinette table.

Once little man was bigger, we just used a booster seat in the camper on the bench. He did mostly OK with it.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #7

Baby Gear

Have no idea what the names of these are but I am sure I could ask the wife lol.
But all of these have worked great and the daughter seems to like them
The Little camping chair has a little table and the little activity thing folds up to nothing as well.
Also included a pick of the little girls bunk jailhouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8797.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	160208   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8798.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	160209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8799.jpg
Views:	43