Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
wagon52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The land of pleasant living
Posts: 186
BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars

Ok, so I got 2 sets of these for my TT. has anyone else put these on? My biggest question is.......should I put both of the sets on the rear or should I put a set on front and rear? Any input would be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS (History)
1981 Starcraft Galaxy 2108 (its gone)
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
Ok, so I got 2 sets of these for my TT. has anyone else put these on? My biggest question is.......should I put both of the sets on the rear or should I put a set on front and rear? Any input would be appreciated.
I made my own, but put 4 on the rear and 4 on the front. X'd on the rear with one going forward on both sides and the same X on the front with one going rearward on each side.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
wagon52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The land of pleasant living
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

I made my own, but put 4 on the rear and 4 on the front. X'd on the rear with one going forward on both sides and the same X on the front with one going rearward on each side.
Well since I was working on a budget I only got 2 sets. Just trying to get a feel for what would be the best bang for my buck. Running them along the frame front and rear or or X'ing a set on front and rear or put both sets on the rear.
__________________
2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS (History)
1981 Starcraft Galaxy 2108 (its gone)
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
Well since I was working on a budget I only got 2 sets. Just trying to get a feel for what would be the best bang for my buck. Running them along the frame front and rear or or X'ing a set on front and rear or put both sets on the rear.
My budget was tighter than yours, which is why I made my own.

I think I would X them in the back and put one on each side in the front going toward the rear of the trailer. Make sure you have the jacks retracted and hold the stabilizer up to the pad and along the frame and mark the frame to make sure you have sufficient room for the stabilizer to stow.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wagon52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The land of pleasant living
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

My budget was tighter than yours, which is why I made my own.

I think I would X them in the back and put one on each side in the front going toward the rear of the trailer. Make sure you have the jacks retracted and hold the stabilizer up to the pad and along the frame and mark the frame to make sure you have sufficient room for the stabilizer to stow.
Thanks. Wish I had the tools and knowledge to build things like this.
__________________
2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS
2008 Rockwood Roo 21SS (History)
1981 Starcraft Galaxy 2108 (its gone)
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
MEMBER
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16
I put one set on one front corner and one set opposite side rear corner
on travel trailer I had. Worked great, wife was very pleased with results.
__________________
Banjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jamestown NY
Posts: 588
like DUNNNC is too made my own brace arms. No real tools needed other then hacksaw, wrench and screwdriver. I bought from Home depot 3, 4' galvinized pre drill angle iron stock, and 4 combo standard/strap hindges. Two of the bars are used for the rear brace, and the 3rd cut in half and used for the front to rear brace at the rear of the trl. The hindged were used at each end of the braces to attach to the frame/jack foot as required. Total cost about $45.
__________________

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
like DUNNNC is too made my own brace arms. No real tools needed other then hacksaw, wrench and screwdriver. I bought from Home depot 3, 4' galvinized pre drill angle iron stock, and 4 combo standard/strap hindges. Two of the bars are used for the rear brace, and the 3rd cut in half and used for the front to rear brace at the rear of the trl. The hindged were used at each end of the braces to attach to the frame/jack foot as required. Total cost about $45.
I used 1" and 1-1/4" square tubing and spherical rod ends for the 8 I made. Total cost was just under $100 and about 12-14 hrs total time to fab, paint & install.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...albums658.html
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jamestown NY
Posts: 588
DUNNNC; I didn't need to go quite so heavy duty being as all I have right now is a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604, But will keep your pics in mind once we do get our 5th wheel
__________________

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
DUNNNC; I didn't need to go quite so heavy duty being as all I have right now is a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604, But will keep your pics in mind once we do get our 5th wheel
The ones in the pictures were what I made for our previous 831RLSS. I just was not going to give them to the dealer to give to someone else.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.