Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

Banks Stinger

A Banks Stinger set-up to my 2013 Ford powered Lexington, will I void my warranty?
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #2

I'd call your local Ford dealer and talk to the warranty manager to be sure. I know on my Ford diesel they will void my warranty if I use a tuner or modify the exhaust system, but I'm not sure about the gas motors.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor1920 View Post
I'd call your local Ford dealer and talk to the warranty manager to be sure. I know on my Ford diesel they will void my warranty if I use a tuner or modify the exhaust system, but I'm not sure about the gas motors.

There is a federal law called Magnuson-Moss act that answers this question fully and completely.

It state (in effect, and amongst other things) that unless the aftermarket part can be proved to be the cause of failure, then your warranty cannot be voided. In other words if you add a tuner to a diesel, and melt the crowns off the pistons with high exhaust gas temps, then you can fully expect Ford to say "tough cookies". But if you add a free-flowing exhaust, and your torque converter coughs up blood, its a pretty sure bet that the Ford warranty will apply. Which is to say Ford won't try to deny your claim.

Read More:

Magnuson-Moss Act

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote