Originally Posted by Barstorm
I understand the concept of a battery cut off switch. Would like to know how and when to use it. I have one but have never used it. I take the battery in during winter months storage.
I disconnect the battery anytime that I'm not actively using the camper AND I don't need 12v on inside for some reason (for instance, if when I needed the fridge on right before or after a trip).
Without a disconnect, I found that my battery would be dead in less than a week from parasitic draws (propane/CO detectors, radio, etc.).