Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
BBQ LP quick connect adapter

Have been wanting to make an adapter for our Coleman Roadtrip grille so we can plug into the LP low pressure quick connect fitting under the TT. I thought I would have to order a Camco part or equivalent for $20 or more as suggested in a post from last year. First, I could not separate the brass fitting on the regulator from the chromed shaft as it has an oddball wrench size so I took it into a machine shop (it's a RH thread BTW). They had to use vise grips and it was very tight. Cost for this? $0. Then I went to a local RV repair/parts shop and got an LP fitting with 1/4" pipe thread at one end and matching end for our hose at the other. The shop owner had to use a thread tap on the Coleman fitting as it has square cut threads on it and he assembled it along with thread sealant. Cost for this? $3 for the part only and he didn't charge for labor. Awesome!

So now we don't have to fiddle with connecting the BBQ to the propane tanks all the time. At $3 all in, DW is going to be very happy.

This may work for other brands of BBQs as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (800x550).jpg
Views:	144
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	27437  

Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
This is simply awsome! I'll have to find a way to do this. I've gone through 2 Colman regulators already (just last year). For some reason they don't seem to handle the preasure from my 30lbs LP tanks very well. Came close to loosing my steaks a time or two. Now to see if I can find a friendly machine shop, and RV parts outlet in Edmonton...

Spidey82 is offline   Reply With Quote