Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
jlf

Smile bedroom tv

We just acquired our 2014 33rl. There are a few tweaks that we need to address, but we will get there soon. For all of you that are looking for a satellite solution, I will tell you about our solution later on also. Right now, I am looking for a solution on what to do with the dvr in the bedroom. The Tv is attached to the wall. The only place to put your dvr is on top of dresser. This solutions not only takes up half your dresser, you have a bunch of cable wires hanging out. I wanted to put a small shelving unit next to dresser. But the are is 18". Most shelf units are 24". Please any solutions?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #2

What kind of dvr are you referring to? Some come with a remote that doesn't require you to point it at the box. I believe they work off of like a radio frequency rather than a beam. Some may not come with that your of remote but it could be just a matter of changing a setting on the box and using a different remote our something but what I'm getting at is them it would allow you to kinda hid away the box.

2012 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH

2001 Rockwood Freedom 2280 popup <--For Sale
JTHale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
jlf

Bedroom tv cabinet

Thank you so much for the reply. We have Direct tv. The DVR is one of the older models, but brand new to us. Can not complain because it was free from Direct The tv takes up all the space between the ceiling and the dresser. And the dvr needs to be hooked up to the tv. So right now the dvr is on the dresser and the wires run along the wall. We have decided to purchase a small cabinet to place beside the dresser. Someone had mentioned that they aim it at the closet. This is because the hook up is in the closet. Lazy days actually installed the dish and the two DVRS. Other than the dish working great, the way they installed it was unprofessional. I was upset because my 60.000 plus RV had not left their property and it looks like the Pitts We went up the next weekend to our Ocala property and there was a odor. The installer had made a hole thru the sewer vent hose in the basement and did not seal it. Needless to say we are trying to work these things out.Add Video
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	40462  
Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
jlf

The picture is actually sideways. Sorry Haven't figured out to attach photos or more than one photo
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #5

You might want to use some channel that hides the wires running to the tv. The attach to the wall and will help hide all the unsightly wiring. It's a solution if you need to keep the receiver on the dresser.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
jlf

Bedroom tv cabinet

Thank you for the suggestion. Wether we find a cabinet or leave on the dresser, we will need something. I am still looking

Tags
bed, roo