Old 02-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #1

Bedroom TV install in 2015 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX

OK, so I've decided to attempt install of a TV in the bedroom. The ceiling has a 110 and 12V plate and the system TV power booster is at the same spot a little inside the bedroom entry door. I already have the mount for this job, if I do it, and it mounts vertically with at least 2 screws but the bolts that came with it would probably be poking through the outside wall!
Due to space for the slider door to close off the bathroom when the closet slide is open, the only mounting place would be on this curb side wall of the bedroom. The trailer had no place marked or indicated for any TV install in the bedroom other than the power receptacle end of it, so last November when I picked up the trailer at the dealer after getting its annual inspection I asked the tech where one should be mounted.
He indicated to mount the swivel mount right at the seam where two wall panels are joined with a tape overlay to be on and into an aluminium "stud". He asked what size TV was I planning, I told him the plan is to use the 26 inch that came with the trailer from the living room and get an easier to see 32 inch TV for the living room.
He went to the shop and came back with a screw he'd picked up and it looked to be about a 1 inch universal type screw and said "do not go any larger than this because of the bonded wall!"
So I'm throwing this out for anybody that's already done this? Was it worth the install? Any problems with having a TV mounted on the sidewall this way? I know about securing it for travel but I'm talking about the weight pulling out at all with the smaller screws?
This is a spring upgrade plan as at this point everything is still buried in snow, so about a month or so more before I can get working in the trailer and do this. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:59 AM   #2

I called FR about this. I also have a 28RKX. If you haven't already done the TV, they place a piece of plywood in front of the window for mounting. I'll be happy to get you dimensions of where I put my bracket if it helps. I found a tilting swivel arm on Amazon (Mount-It! MI-455 TV Wall Mount) that has a sliding plate so I just lift the TV off the arm when I travel and slide it on when I set up. Works great!

Old 07-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
I called FR about this. I also have a 28RKX. If you haven't already done the TV, they place a piece of plywood in front of the window for mounting. I'll be happy to get you dimensions of where I put my bracket if it helps. I found a tilting swivel arm on Amazon (Mount-It! MI-455 TV Wall Mount) that has a sliding plate so I just lift the TV off the arm when I travel and slide it on when I set up. Works great!
I'm also interested in doing this. I just picked up my 28RKX about 2 weeks ago! This is the mount I was looking at
https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Articulating-Monitor-Bracket-ML10B/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1467496370&sr =1-2&keywords=rv+tv+mount

Dimensions would be much appreciated

Thank you
Old 07-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #4

Emailed Aaron at FR about the same thing on my 262RGX, got this:
he backer for that TV is located at the just behind the window in the sidewall. It starts at the top rear corner and extends over 21 inches. From the top of the window it goes up towards the ceiling and is about 16 inches tall. I recommend that you verify it being there by either poking through the panel with an ice pick or by using a stud finder. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #5

TV mount in 28RKX

I really thank you all for the replies so far, very helpful to me and I'm sure others that will be having the same problem over time.
Our summer trip changed and we're now going with our daughter and 2 of our grand kids, 2 and 3 years old. So the TV switch was put on hold since we will now be a bit busy with everyone in the RV and our daughter does not want her kids with a TV going all the time, so probably not much TV watching this trip now anyway!
I will still be doing the TV install and switch as I described above after the 2 week trip for when my wife and I are on our own for our fall trip.
I never thought about just using a stud finder to find the wood that I figured must be there in the wall since it was ready for a TV install. On the other replies, in case the stud finder doesn't quite work right with the wall composition, is the embedded wood a couple of people were talking about, in the wall towards the front (nose cap) side of the window or towards the bedroom door side of the window? Again, thanks for all the ideas!

Tags
bed, cat, roo, wildcat