When we first got our 378 we noticed that the way in which the bedroom TV was mounted was not only useless for viewing in bed it also did away with a lot of usable storage in the upper cabinet it was mounted to. It has taken me a while to get around to fixing this but I have finally finished it.
To start with the divider wall inside the cabinet that the TV was originally mounted to was ripped out and rebuilt in the left corner of the cabinet:
With that done I went to work on the TV mount itself. As we like to remove the TV from the motorhome when we aren't using it we had a wall mount for the house that is attached to the back of it. It uses a tapered spindle that the mount sits down on and then a knob is threaded into the spindle to hold the TV in place:
In order to mount the TV in the motorhome and still be able to remove it I machined a spindle on the lathe:
A "picture frame" of sorts was welded together using 1" angle iron and flat bar. A center bridge was made with a tab to hold the spindle for the TV mount. A piano hinge was welded to one side then attached to the cabinet opening. Magnetic catches on the opposite side keep the "door" closed.
More in the next post as I can only get 4 pics in one.