Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #21

With a little luck campgrounds will soon outlaw those obnoxious light strings or at least institute a rule they must be turned off during quiet hours. Wonder how many would think they are wonderful if they glowed in your window the way they shine into your neighbors window.
Alleyantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #22

I think you should check into boogy lights they are pretty pricey but the results and craftsmanship speak for their self in my opinion you can Google them up and compare the difference and they are brightest lights I have
mdhaydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #23

Amazing how you ask for assistance and you get negative comments of these LEDs. My camper has them, they are great. All new campers have them and campgrounds welcome all. The campgrounds love this new generation of campers coming in with all their toys, accessories and lights. With the free publicity of the TV show Going RV, camper manufacture's and campgrounds are seeing major profits and the campgrounds are adding new ammeneties because of it. Please let me know what you buy, my son bought me hanging LEDs hanging lights that hang colors by control to hang in the trees. Let the corn hole game's begin. Enjoy your rv, your lights, and family time you can get to make those memories. Stay positive and don't let no one tell you other wise!
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogden View Post
Please don't park next to us unless you have a timer on the led's
Same here. The last trip, on the other end of the camping area, someone had a strip all the way around the top perimeter and left them on bright white all night. When asked the next day if it was an accident, he said, no, just don't want no one stealing my stuff.

After a few nights of refusing to shut them off or dim them, the camper across from him turned on his TV high beams right into his bedroom several times during the night. He came out threatening everyone and the cops were called. He vacated the site that night and rode his horn all the way out.

Common courtesy has left the building.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey1 View Post
Amazing how you ask for assistance and you get negative comments of these LEDs. My camper has them, they are great. All new campers have them and campgrounds welcome all. The campgrounds love this new generation of campers coming in with all their toys, accessories and lights. With the free publicity of the TV show Going RV, camper manufacture's and campgrounds are seeing major profits and the campgrounds are adding new ammeneties because of it. Please let me know what you buy, my son bought me hanging LEDs hanging lights that hang colors by control to hang in the trees. Let the corn hole game's begin. Enjoy your rv, your lights, and family time you can get to make those memories. Stay positive and don't let no one tell you other wise!
You're wrong about all Campgrounds welcoming them !!!
Some Campgrounds have rules about lights !!!
Sad but some folks have no respect for the people around them !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #26
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey1 View Post
Here is what people need to do... Ignore the comments, give no response and certainly don't fire back.. They are looking for someone to fire back by baiting. By not responding you deny them the satisfaction of their game.. And they move on.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:31 AM   #27
Who Dares, Wins

There is a zillion page thread on here about all sorts of led lights. I agree the quality is vast. Spent $50 on a set and they failed quicker than the $8 ones. My next set will be attached in a way that they can be quickly and easily removed and replaced.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpender View Post
We just bought a new Rockwood. We are wanting to all some under glow or under deck LED light stripes to the bottom on the exterior. But we don't know which LED stripes are the best and are the brightest.
Any help on brand name will be most helpful.

Thanks.

I use the SMD 5050 type. Warm white, silicone encapsulation. They are very bright, can be cut at every 3 LED increments. About 17 lumens per LED, a spool of 300 cost just over $16 on eBay. The adhesive strip probably will eventually come loose so I always use epoxy or silicone to secure them. Recently improved the lighting under my stove hood with 27 of these LEDs replacing a 20 watt incandescent bulb. More light, less power. I've done a number of other projects with them, here's a video on a highly modified Ryobi 18v handheld vacuum that I converted into a 2000 lumen lantern using 105 of the LEDs.
You can get these in other colors too. To my knowledge the 5050 type are the biggest and brightest LEDs in strip form.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_114318.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	163042  
RZerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpender View Post
Thanks for the advise. My biggest concern is the brightness of the glow from the lights. I'm looking for that mostly. I want a LED stripe that is bright and puts off a lot glow at night. I would need around 30'-33' of LED Stripes. I have been looking on Amazon and ebay. I didn't know if there was any difference in the lights itself.

Hope you won't be camping next to me!

2017 Rockwood 2109s Mini Lite
Campah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #30

This I saw the one I have. I got a roll of like 15 lights. Work well as bed lights in my truck. I have replaced all the out door conventional lights and stove light and added lights on all four corners of my 2506S. Very nice light. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-smd-leds/141/
Old 03-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #31

I just purchased the Boogey Lights Under-Glow kit with Bluetooth wireless controller today. It controls up to 3 strips. You can buy the next model up that controls more, but 3 is enough. Two strips for under the chassis and one for under the big kitchen slide. They have lots of options and accessories to choose from.
Gonna put them on in the next week or so.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #32

I really like those LED light strips I have seen on Pick em- up Trucks,,,
under the tailgates !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light