Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #1

Black Tank Flush

I ordered the Tornado and after opening the package and inspecting it I am worried about how flimsy it is made. My major concern is the moving spray head and how long it will last. Would it make sense to use all of the Tornado system parts except the rotating spray head and replace that with the No-Flush-Fuss spray head or just replace the entire thing with the Quickie Flush which if I understand it correctly is the exact same thing as the Tornado only it doesn't use the rotating head. I really want to use this type of black tank rinsing system but want to keep it simple and reliable. I've read pros and cons all over the Internet about the Tornado and wondered if any of you have modified the system.

Update: I found this simple mod to the Tornado which should add more stability to the hose connection outside the tank. Still looking for an improvement to the jet inside the tank.
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #2

I found a thread before I bought my tornado that told me to increase the hole diameter of the pin hole jets. I did so with a drill and standard bit, sounds like a lot of water slamming around on the inside.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #3

All I know is after I installed mine, I couldn't believe all the paper & stuff that still came out after the initial dump. If no-one is behind me in the dump station, I spend alittle more time flushing. Seems like stuff breaks loose and makes its' way out. I have a clear elbow on my sewer connection.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, black tank flush