Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4017 View Post
I do drink beer that does require twist offs and I've been known to throw a couple PBR's down but sometimes you get an inkling for a beer that needs one-it was too easy to not do it....it should be an option at purchase
PBR me ??? LOL !!!

There is a flash from the past,,, I remember back in the early 60s when Pabst was the #1 selling in the country !!! I think Blatzs was a close 2nd ??? High Life & Budweiser were premium,,, and cost more !!!
__________________

__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #12
(Dry Huunday)
 
DreiHunde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,866
Great mod!!!
__________________

__________________

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
There is a flash from the past,,, I remember back in the early 60s when Pabst was the #1 selling in the country !!! I think Blatzs was a close 2nd ??? High Life & Budweiser were premium,,, and cost more !!!
don't forget Strohs if you were from the mid-west... got me through college at a quarter for a beer at the local bar

My Dad drank Carling Black Label... "Hey Mable, bring me a Black Label"
__________________


2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
don't forget Strohs if you were from the mid-west... got me through college at a quarter for a beer at the local bar

My Dad drank Carling Black Label... "Hey Mable, bring me a Black Label"
o ya,,, we drank our share of Strohs,,, We called it Fire Brewed Detroit River Water !!!
Ill bet you also remember Drewrys,,, made with Fugal Hops ???
LOL !!!
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4017 View Post
Tired of going in and out looking for bottle opener. $8 at Amazon and 2 screws and now I never have to search again.Attachment 90348
Weird place to hang out & drink.....
__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Ill bet you also remember Drewrys,,, made with Fugal Hops ???
Was that can made like a barrel can? or did it come with a wide-mouth lid?

I graduated to Pabst for many years after college...

now I got a taste for IPA's, pale ale and Mich Ultra when I need to watch my carbs!
__________________


2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #17
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Was that can made like a barrel can? or did it come with a wide-mouth lid?

I graduated to Pabst for many years after college...

now I got a taste for IPA's, pale ale and Mich Ultra when I need to watch my carbs!
I was a Mich Ultra drinker until I discovered Mich Ultra Amber
__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,681
I only remember Drewrys in a regular returnable glass bottle !!!
I do remember Hamms came in a can that looked like a barrel !!!
Hamms was from The Land of Sky Blue Waters,,, Wisconsin,,,
I did see a 30 pack of Hamms Light @ the store the other day,,,
I think it was $12.95 !!!
I have a can of Budweiser Light from the first batch ever brewed !!!
It was @ first called Budweiser Light,,, later changed to Bud Light !!!
My Father-in-law & I got in to some Mic Malt Liquor years ago !!!
That stuff could put ya down !!! LOL !!!
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 454
Only drink real beers (English ales, porters, stouts, and some darker ambers etc), so very few have twisty tops, BUT I have a bottle opener on my keyring, which is in my pocket pretty much every waking moment, so I'm good.

Nice mod for folks who don't have a bottle opener handy 24/7 tho
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Jim Schings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 303
Then you must remember Goebel Beer? (Brewster Rooster and Sponsor of the Detroit Tigers.) Acquired by Stroh's and then Pabst bought them both.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
PBR me ??? LOL !!!

There is a flash from the past,,, I remember back in the early 60s when Pabst was the #1 selling in the country !!! I think Blatzs was a close 2nd ??? High Life & Budweiser were premium,,, and cost more !!!
__________________

__________________
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frame

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.