Old 04-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #31
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I had a blowout a little while back on the Interstate and noticed while waiting for the roadside service to show up that not many drivers moved to the left lane while passing our RV on the side of the road. When the roadside service truck showed more vehicles, not all, moved over to the left lane. The truck had the amber flashing lights. I know when I see Amber flashing lights I try to move to the left lane. In some states it is the law but it always should be a courtesy if possible.

So I got to thinking about adding some Amber flashing lights to my RV. I did some research and came up with this... Fox Trot LED Dash Light | Deck & Visor Lights | Extreme Tactical Dynamics

I got mine today and am pretty impressed with it. It has a plug to plug into a cigarette lighter and suction cups so I can stick it on the side of my RV. It has 26 different flashing patterns and is bright. I bought an alligator to cigarette lighter adapter so I can connect it to the battery in my RV or just plug into the TV if I have a problem with it. Hopefully it will get some drivers attention and they will give a courtesy pass if I'm disabled along the side of the road. Check it out, plus it is on sale now..

PS.. Don't buy red or blue as those are for police or emergency vehicles..
Hope it comes with amber lens. Red and Blue are restricted to certain emergency vehicles and police.

BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #32
Originally Posted by BBQGUY View Post
Hope it comes with amber lens. Red and Blue are restricted to certain emergency vehicles and police.
Yes it does come with Amber which is what I purchased..

2016 Siverback 33IK
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Super Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #33
In Arizona, the law says to move left or slow down for ANY vehicle pulled off the side of the road with their flashers on. Sadly, they don't post it very often, and the majority of freeways here are in remote areas. Also, too many people pull over and do not engage their emergency flashers. We always pull over if we can do so safely, flashing lights or not.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:17 AM   #34
I have been a law enforcement officer for almost 20 years now. First, state statutes vary from state to state regarding flashing lights & colors allowed. Second, at least in my opinion, safety is paramount. If someone is on the side of the road at night and utilizing flashing amber light(s) in conjunction with red flashing hazard brake lights, the thought of citing them would not cross my mind. Just my 2 cents.

2012 Wildwood X-Lite 181BHXL
2010 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, 5.4 Triton V8
Nights Camped: 22 (so far) in 2016; 29 in 2015
kdp1897 is offline   Reply With Quote