Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #11

I have my trailer parked on my land on Chesapeake Bay - zoning doesn't allow permanent trailer parkeing or permanent structures like decks (especially within 100' of water). I built square - about 42" deck plates out of 2x4" and 2x6" with 1 1/2" stringer screewed underneath. Then I bolted a 4x4" frame to lay the plates on. I alternate direction in a basket weave pattern. It isn't permanent and can be easily rearranged or moved as needed. Each does weigh about 75# though. I kept it low to avoid need for a railing.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzkiller View Post
Could I get the dimensions of your deck? I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you guys full-timers? I'd hope so!!
It's an 8X32 foot. Technically we're not fulltimers, just seasonals. We go up there every weekend from April - October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I have my trailer parked on my land on Chesapeake Bay - zoning doesn't allow permanent trailer parkeing or permanent structures like decks (especially within 100' of water). I built square - about 42" deck plates out of 2x4" and 2x6" with 1 1/2" stringer screewed underneath. Then I bolted a 4x4" frame to lay the plates on. I alternate direction in a basket weave pattern. It isn't permanent and can be easily rearranged or moved as needed. Each does weigh about 75# though. I kept it low to avoid need for a railing.

That sounds really cool.....got any pics?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #13

Also, as promised...pictures of the little landscaping we did. I will probably be adding some lattice to cover up around the deck! We'll be staining it as well this year.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #14

Great looking site!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #15

Thanks, we still have a long way to go!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #16

loved to have built one that big,but we have restrictions at the campground, plus i needed a town permit to build the one i have. but it will suffice
http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...user=2681&sl=r
Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
loved to have built one that big,but we have restrictions at the campground, plus i needed a town permit to build the one i have. but it will suffice
http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...user=2681&sl=r
Very nice! I wish we were allowed to set the stansions into the ground like that. That was our only restriction. We are not allowed to "permamnently" attach anything to the site....lol
Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #18

6" X 6" posts are 16" in the ground resting on 2 12" X 12" in each hole. so the deck can actually be dismantled. i did not use any concrete. so if i decide to leave the campground(which i don't plan on any time soon)i can just pull the posts out of the ground(sand).but i still wish i could have built it larger,about 1/2 the size of yours.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
6" X 6" posts are 16" in the ground resting on 2 12" X 12" in each hole. so the deck can actually be dismantled. i did not use any concrete. so if i decide to leave the campground(which i don't plan on any time soon)i can just pull the posts out of the ground(sand).but i still wish i could have built it larger,about 1/2 the size of yours.
That's a good idea, I'll wonder if they'll let me do that, but everyone who has a deck up there has the same ugly cinder blocks or dek blox. Having the big deck is definitely a plus.