Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Bunk bed rail

Hi I'm new to the site ... I have a 2012 salem tow behind and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas how to build a custom bed rail that is removeable , looks good, and doesn't require too much modifications to the camper itself . Was looking to put it where the table folds down to a bed ... I have a bunk in the back but am not comfortable putting my 1 year old son up that high .... Any suggestions would be great!!!! Thank you!!!
Jmoore1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
Always Learning

Bunk bed rail

Sorry to not answer your actual question- but my son slept in the camper in his pack n' play from 6-weeks to just over 2 years old when we camped and traveled (which was quite often).

Could you put a pack n' play on the folded-down dinette?
Old 05-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #3

We've been using a pack n play but was trying to get away from having to bring it set it up and have it in the way .... But putting it up on the dinnette table bed is a pretty good idea I'll have to keep that in mind ... Thanks
Jmoore1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #4
Always Learning

That's why I hated to answer with something that wasn't what you asked. We did put the pack n' play on the dinette a few times depending on how many people we had with us. It was definitely a hassle- we would break it down each day.

I'm not sure how to attach a bed rail to the dinette when in the collapsed position, though. I debated building a custom toddler bed for on top of one of our bunks when we did a long trip last summer. Smaller than the pack and play and customized for the space. But ultimately, my little guy, at 2 years old, was big enough for just regular bed rails.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #5

Look at the other topic that's labeled safety bunk rails. You'll see some options. I personally use a blue netted safety rail made for bunks that just slide under the mattress. I put a cloths basket at one side of the bed that the rail doesn't cover. My son is just over 1 year now and I fabricated a wood rail for my top bunk for my daughter.
Leecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed