Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 230
cabinet mod

well got the TT last Saturday, time to start the mods. didn't like that the cabinet over the sink and stove was wide open seems to me it would be a trainwreck by the time you got to the campground. so here it is. i'm happy with how it came out !

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet mod 1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	560.9 KB
ID:	118221

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet mod 2.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	624.4 KB
ID:	118222

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet mod 3.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	612.4 KB
ID:	118223

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet mod 4.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	615.5 KB
ID:	118224
__________________

__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS
2015 Chevy Silverado dual cab 4X4 Z71
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 632
It looks nice. I would be a little nervous about the cups and bowls that are above the railing. They may tumble out. If this does not end up working the way you envisioned, you may want to put some doors on the cupboards. Not for looks, but for functionality. Thanks for sharing your mod! Mods are fun to look at!
__________________

__________________
_____________________________________________

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,071
It looks like there are doors on the cabinet (I see the lifts on the side). The doors are in the open position.


PS
Good job! Let us know how it works out for you. Always looking for mods to keep in mind.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
It looks nice. I would be a little nervous about the cups and bowls that are above the railing. They may tumble out. If this does not end up working the way you envisioned, you may want to put some doors on the cupboards. Not for looks, but for functionality. Thanks for sharing your mod! Mods are fun to look at!
the cupboards are about an inch away from the cabinet doors hopefully the doors would keep them from tipping if not ill just add another dowel rod

thanks for the input
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS
2015 Chevy Silverado dual cab 4X4 Z71
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
It looks like there are doors on the cabinet (I see the lifts on the side). The doors are in the open position.


PS
Good job! Let us know how it works out for you. Always looking for mods to keep in mind.
sure will leaving thursday for a long weekend first trip in this one !
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS
2015 Chevy Silverado dual cab 4X4 Z71
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: eastern NC
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
well got the TT last Saturday, time to start the mods. didn't like that the cabinet over the sink and stove was wide open seems to me it would be a trainwreck by the time you got to the campground. so here it is. i'm happy with how it came out !
nice work, and looks very well organized,...... we use plastic tubs that hold stuff like a drawer and can be pulled all the way out to get to whatever is in the back of the cabinet, which is actually in the tub,.....
__________________


fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
nice work, and looks very well organized,...... we use plastic tubs that hold stuff like a drawer and can be pulled all the way out to get to whatever is in the back of the cabinet, which is actually in the tub,.....
thanks, i see you live in E. NC we live just across the border in upper E TN. we like to camp in NC are their any good Campgrounds you could recommend.
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS
2015 Chevy Silverado dual cab 4X4 Z71
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: eastern NC
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
thanks, i see you live in E. NC we live just across the border in upper E TN. we like to camp in NC are their any good Campgrounds you could recommend.
we like Mayberry Campground in Mt. Airy and Zooland Family Campground in Asheboro, .... Mt. Airy has all the Andy Griffith history and the NC rally was at Mayberry CG in May, but we had to cancel our reservation because DW had gone back to work in March,... they both honor the Passport America discount, the 50% discount is a big help

oh, also Cross Winds Family Campground in Linwood, very nice and helpful owners there
__________________


fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
we like Mayberry Campground in Mt. Airy and Zooland Family Campground in Asheboro, .... Mt. Airy has all the Andy Griffith history and the NC rally was at Mayberry CG in May, but we had to cancel our reservation because DW had gone back to work in March,... they both honor the Passport America discount, the 50% discount is a big help

oh, also Cross Winds Family Campground in Linwood, very nice and helpful owners there

thanks for the info, we like to go to franklin, Old Corundum millsite. its small and family owned, some of the best people we have met.
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS
2015 Chevy Silverado dual cab 4X4 Z71
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #10
Canadian Contingent
 
Dogpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Euro-Recliner
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
It looks nice. I would be a little nervous about the cups and bowls that are above the railing. They may tumble out. If this does not end up working the way you envisioned, you may want to put some doors on the cupboards. Not for looks, but for functionality. Thanks for sharing your mod! Mods are fun to look at!
You may want to put your glasses on!

The doors are open! LOL
__________________

__________________
Les, Bonnie, Morgan, and 4 Leggers Bella and Bruce
2010 Cardinal 3450RL 4 slide Full Body Paint pushing our 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW SB - Pullrite 2900 Superglide 18k
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.