Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Trailer lights should not need a resister unless your blinkers flash fast when 1) you have a burnt out trailer bulb or 2) you unplug your trailer from the connection.

I am thinking about using the Bargman. So far, my TV has All LEDs in the rear except the plate light. The Stop/Tail (Red) and Turn (amber) are carry overs from my old vehicle. I just installed a bulb in the 3rd Brake Light (The incandescent burnt out) and reverse lights. I went with the brightest white LEDs I could find. OMG, what a SUPER difference. I will try and post a picture.
Not true at all!
Leds have the potential to "trick" the newer trucks into believing there is a burned out light.
There is such a low amp draw on leds that this makes it possible.
Just sayin
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Not true at all!
Leds have the potential to "trick" the newer trucks into believing there is a burned out light.
Just sayin
This is true when changing the tow vehicle lights to LED. It should not be the case when switching to LED on a trailer.

When towing, a trailer simply "adds" load to the tow vehicle lighting system, so if you have a trailer with LEDs, you are simply adding "less" load than if the trailer had incandescent lights.

I switched my cargo trailer of to LEDs, works fine when towed by a new Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Silverado, as well as a 2009 Silverado dually.

I've not seen a tow vehicle that had the capability to monitor and sense how much (or little) electrical load was applied by adding a trailer.

This is what I converted one of my cargo trailers to:

http://www.rv-led.com/15-716-LED-Sto...-bar_p_90.html
BobandArlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Not true at all!
Just sayin
I am not doubting you. Logically speaking, there is 0 draw when unplugged, 0 draw from a burnt out trailer bulb (I haven't seen a fast flash from a burnt out trailer bulb) and near 0 draw on an LED. Could it happen? I supposed. If someone said that they experienced fast flash from a trailer burnt out or LED bulb, I would believe them thinking, damn, that's weird.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote