Old 04-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #1

Ceiling Fan

I have a V Cross and I have a fan vent in the bathroom and in the living area there is just a vent with no fan. I was wondering how much trouble it would be to add a fan to the vent. Is there any wiring concerns. It looks like I have a ceiling light fairly close by. Would love some input before I buy something

Old 04-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe View Post
I have a V Cross and I have a fan vent in the bathroom and in the living area there is just a vent with no fan. I was wondering how much trouble it would be to add a fan to the vent. Is there any wiring concerns. It looks like I have a ceiling light fairly close by. Would love some input before I buy something
I think you will find the ceiling fan is 110V AC, not 12vV DC.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #3

I don't think it would be hard at all! I also think the wire might already be there in the event you want to put in a fan! As OldCoot mentioned the ceiling fans are 110VAC but the vent fans are 12VDC. I also think the vent fans are sized to fit the openings. Good Luck and happy camping!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #4

I think Vibe is referring to 12v vent fans typically found in bathrooms. If you do have 12v power nearby and have some handyman skills, they aren't real difficult to install if you already have a 14"x14" roof opening. There are some helpful YouTube videos. I don't have great luck inserting links, but I'll try one.
▶ 13:22
Old 04-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #5

I installed a fantastic fan on my 318SAB Cougar that I traded in on a new CC34RL. I used the 12V lights circuit that was right next to the vent in the kitchen area. I also traded out all of the 12V light bulbs to LED lights to lower the Amp/ volt draw through the circuit. The fantastic fan worked with a remote and would close if the sensor got wet, I would run the fan all night on a slow speed to draw air through the camper on a warm summer night if the AC was not required.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for your input. I feel confident enough now to install one.

Tags
fan