Old 05-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
Thank you for your responses. I am sorry for not relaying information correctly. I am the middle person. Maybe this will be a little bit clearer. There are three wires that are coming out of the trailer ( old thermostat). The new thermostat has 6 wires soldered on with no terminals. He said if the new thermostat had terminals, he could figure it out.
But now if this isn't going to work, he wants to hook up the old thermostat back up. But it's not cooperating because of the lose of communication of the thermostat and it keeps flashing the e1. How can we resolve this problem of the e1 flashing
What you have is a Master stat with the 6 wires, and a secondary stat with 3 then. If you want to separate the two units the, you will need to add a wire to the 3 one (pull another wire) and use 4 wires for each stat. It's hard to tell you how to do it the other way. You would need to reinstall the original stats. What are the original Stats? Who made them? I could see if I could look it on-line for you. Without knowing that I can't advise, some stats will not work. You should have gotten a service manual with them and that should tell you what the error code is. That would be helpful information. You also need to look at the circuit board at the AC in the R/A. and see if you have 4 terminals on it R,Y,G,with a C or B also.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
Thank you for your responses. I am sorry for not relaying information correctly. I am the middle person. Maybe this will be a little bit clearer. There are three wires that are coming out of the trailer ( old thermostat). The new thermostat has 6 wires soldered on with no terminals. He said if the new thermostat had terminals, he could figure it out.
But now if this isn't going to work, he wants to hook up the old thermostat back up. But it's not cooperating because of the lose of communication of the thermostat and it keeps flashing the e1. How can we resolve this problem of the e1 flashing
Understood your issue from your first post. If you have the small manual for just the thermostat it contains all the fault code info. Have you done the communication reset procedure (e1 code is thermostat not communicating properly) for the thermostat? You can search this forum for thermostat issues and they do cover the e1 fault code. Sorry I can't be of more assistance to you. I do not have access to my thermostat manual (brochure) at this time.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #13

Okay I found it on the Dometic site. E1 means you lost communication
When the system determines that one of the faults listed below has occurred an error
code will be displayed in the LCD for the zone in which the error occurred. During
normal operation, a blinking zone number indicates a fault has occurred. The error
code is displayed in place of the temperature set-point.
Error Code:
E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power
module boards. System will shut down.
E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and an individual system
power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone number
that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will
blink in addition to the current zone.
Here is the # for Dometic they can sell you two digital stats. 1-574-294-2511, You will not be able to use the stats you trying to use. Reinstall the old ones until you get the new digital from Dometic. The stats you are trying to use are not compatible to each other.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #14

If I follow this correctly you have put the old one back like it was and are now getting the error code. Maybe you need some kind of power reboot. Or the master unit got damaged in the process.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #15

Here is your reset to get you going instructions, hope this helps.

When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control
board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings
are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC 2 thermostat will
recognize the updated selection. To do a system reset:
• Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF mode.
• Simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display
“IniT” and all available zones.
• Release the MODE and ZONE buttons.
• Press the ON/OFF button to exit system set up.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #16
jlf

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and help. We asked someone to come out to check out the thermostat he actually said the thermostat in the Rv is the newer model. But now we can't get the original thermostat to work again. So hopefully no damage occurred when the Dometic was disconnected from the RV.

Tags
thermostat