Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #1

CHEAP wireless backup camera for the TT

I have had this exact camera from this same vendor for about a year now and it is GREAT!! i threw away those silly "vibrating strap-on mirror things" they are useless..... I pull a 30' serveyor and leave the camera and monitor on the entire pull of any trip.
You can see whats going on when that pesky little car behind you is playing peek-a-boo when you are tring to merge......AND......the wife doesnt have to play spotter when it is raining, and that all by its self is worth the $$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-WIRELESS-R...#ht_8410wt_754
SHACHAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Interesting...
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #3

Looks nice. I have a cheaper version mounted to my licence plate so I can hitch up alone and the transmitter/reciever signal is so weak it can barely make it from the wheel well area of the bed to the dashboard. Yours must have a good signal.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #4

Mounted a similar unit yesterday. I powered off a marker light instead of reverse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110925_051517.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	8176  
Steve38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #5

the unit that i purchased from ebay has 100 meter range (300 feet) so the picture is great. from the monitor in the cab of my truck to the camera on the back of the TT is about 40 feet. the monitor is mounted high in the cab right in front of the rear view mirror and the camera is mounted on top of the TT in the center about 8 inches above the running lights. the power for the camera comes from drilling a hole in the roof/back siding and running the wire to the curtsy light in the bunk house, and that was the hardest part.....

again sorry for no pics i store my TT at my brother-in-laws and don't get over there that often. but i will update this thread soon with some.
SHACHAH is offline   Reply With Quote