Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Class C Sway Bar question

Hi everyone - just got home from an 1,100 mile trip last weekend. Lots of wind and lots of white knuckles. Looking to get some better shocks and upgrade the rear sway bar. I realize these things are a big giant sail, but it was ugly! Tire pressure in the rear was about 75 and 70 in the front.

Question: in looking at the sway bar currently installed, it looks pretty beefy. Can the Hellwig make that much of a difference? I was expecting to see a skimpy sway bar on there, but looks kinda tough to me.

It's 2014 Forester 31 foot bunkhouse, Class C. Any thoughts? Did Ford/Forester upgrade the sway bars recently? Everyone seems to swear by this upgrade.

Thanks!
Ride Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

Have 2014, 265 Lexington. Larger sway made difference. New shocks improvement. Steering damper more positive and last week alignment. Now almost as nice as my car.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced2 View Post
Have 2014, 265 Lexington. Larger sway made difference. New shocks improvement. Steering damper more positive and last week alignment. Now almost as nice as my car.

Great to know, thanks!
Ride Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

I had the same problem coming home from Florida recently. The wind going through west Virginia mountains was crazy. There was no relaxing while driving. Will these mods help. Did you have an RV dealer do the work?
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #5

Not sure if your grey/black/fresh water tanks were close to being full or if the weight of your stuff was distributed properly but weight also plays a big factor in how your mh handles.
Yes they are like big sails as I found out driving across the prairies when you get broadsided by wind gusts that blow you into another lane.
RonnieTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, sway