Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Clother dryer rack?

Greetings Campers!

Okay...so we have a toy hauler...no back bumper..no ladder.
Does anyone out there have any good or great suggestions for a foldaway clothes dryer rack?

I have seen several in the internet...but most attach to a back bumper, back hitch receiver or ladder and we have none of the aforementioned.

Storage space is a major issue...we have little storage space and need a rack that folds away rather slim / small / short.

Looking forward to hearing you ideas!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting problem, that we found a work around for us at least. We also have a toy hauler, that has an electric bed instead of the fold down couches. The bed has a box that the mattress fits in, and we use an "over the door" towel rack, purchased at camping world., and attach it to the edge of the bed, when e we have to dry clothes inside. We also purchased a length of rope at a hardware store for a clothes line. I tie this to the awning arms, about a foot from the outer edged of the awning, and we try to hang our towels outside. We are usually off on the toys, so if it comes a light rain, our towels are protected by the awning. Also no one complains about a clothes line strung between trees. We don't get to stay long enough to wash clothes, but like to hang our towels out after we shower. We don't have a washer in our little 18 foot camper. Also looking at a free standing clothes rack at Camping World. Good luck
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Greetings Campers!

Okay...so we have a toy hauler...no back bumper..no ladder.
Does anyone out there have any good or great suggestions for a foldaway clothes dryer rack?

I have seen several in the internet...but most attach to a back bumper, back hitch receiver or ladder and we have none of the aforementioned.

Storage space is a major issue...we have little storage space and need a rack that folds away rather slim / small / short.

Looking forward to hearing you ideas!
Camping world and RVupgrade.com carries a clothes rack that attaches to your unit in the rear and then extends out when needed. In your case it would attach to your door when its closed or may be attached to the side of your trailer. It appears to closes quite tight for traveling.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Interesting problem, that we found a work around for us at least. We also have a toy hauler, that has an electric bed instead of the fold down couches. The bed has a box that the mattress fits in, and we use an "over the door" towel rack, purchased at camping world., and attach it to the edge of the bed, when e we have to dry clothes inside. We also purchased a length of rope at a hardware store for a clothes line. I tie this to the awning arms, about a foot from the outer edged of the awning, and we try to hang our towels outside. We are usually off on the toys, so if it comes a light rain, our towels are protected by the awning. Also no one complains about a clothes line strung between trees. We don't get to stay long enough to wash clothes, but like to hang our towels out after we shower. We don't have a washer in our little 18 foot camper. Also looking at a free standing clothes rack at Camping World. Good luck
Great idea...but we do not have a bed in the back... we have a queen size bed in the front... permanently mounted. And our couch is on a side wall that fold up.
Thanks for your suggestions. I will keep it in mind if and when we get another toy hauler with an electric bed in the back set up.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #5

This style can be used it folds flat and can be use indoors or out. Can be found at Wally World.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #6

I have the same problem of where to hang all those wet towels, especially when its more than just me and my husband. Just the two of us it isn't to bad. We have hung towels on fold up clothes lines and poles of awnings over the table. Once it rained on the towels and we lost both, because of the weight afterwards. I always tried to fold up towels before rain or night time after they dried. Missed it one time, while at Disney World. Once on the pop up my husband had two hooks on the back of camper with rope and that worked well. We have hung towels, on back of chairs, hooks inside camper, over boats, and on clothes line rope tied between two trees or around picnic shed at the beach.
On the road again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #7

Go to Harbor Freight,part # 66172,cargo bar,ext. to 114 in. Place on side walls in toy area,instant hanging rod! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I've used this style hanger for years. Strength depends a bit on the model, but generally OK for towels, etc, even in moderately windy conditions at the beach. I usually hang mine from the end of the awning.
Worldwide Merchandise Company - Laundry Hanger/Dryer - Laundry Aids - Camping World
Worldwide Merchandise Company - Clip Hangers - Laundry Aids - Camping World

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post

This style can be used it folds flat and can be use indoors or out. Can be found at Wally World.
i find those to be junk, just not sturdy enough for even a wet shirt!

I found this image, you could mount them in the garage

My mother had ones like this from back in the 60's lol. good and sturdy and they folded away even though she never did fold them up lol
Old 02-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
itch'n to road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Go to Harbor Freight,part # 66172,cargo bar,ext. to 114 in. Place on side walls in toy area,instant hanging rod! Youroo!!
Hello Youroo,
thanks for the link... will give that some thought.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #11

dimurrw, I also have the clothes hanger that hangs from your awning. I forgot about those. I have two and find them so usefull. I saw these about six years ago while camping at lakewood campground in Myrtle beach. I went and bought two while I was there. My husband laughed at them and thought they wouldn't work. We like to hang our swimsuits on them and I have hung small towels
On the road again is offline   Reply With Quote