Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
I used a 1/8" nipple, then added a reducing coupling. Extra fittings, so not as clean and simple as the setup in the picture above, but same result.

I seem to be a master of using random combinations of plumbing fittings based on whatever I can find to get the job done. Usually end up with extra parts, but piecing something together with parts from the local hardware store saves time running around or waiting / paying shipping on parts.

Or if you want try this:

McMaster-Carr

I use McMaster Carr all the time (mostly for work) but they are great for stuff like this.

Edit: the filters from the online catalog didn't work in the link - I believe the p/n you are after is 50785K26
I got the parts from McMaster-Carr in 2 business days and I'm good to go...Thanks again...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
I got the parts from McMaster-Carr in 2 business days and I'm good to go...Thanks again...
Glad you found what you needed. I really like McMaster - easy to search their online catalog and you get stuff quick.

Setting up my Coleman grill to connect to the hose on the trailer has been great. No fooling around with cylinders, just plug it in and start cooking. The Coleman grill is great, and this makes it even better. I have the griddle which is perfect for breakfast. When we have a big group I can put pound on there and it cooks perfectly. Then throw on some eggs and pancakes cooked to eveyone's individual preference. Hmm - made myself hungry... How long 'til spring???

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #23

Does anyone happen to have the exact part numbers using McMaster Carr? I'm looking to get this done and why duplicate efforts? Thanks in advance!
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHFire 152 View Post
Does anyone happen to have the exact part numbers using McMaster Carr? I'm looking to get this done and why duplicate efforts? Thanks in advance!
Post #20 has the part number for the 1/8" M to 1/4" F, then I would think the easiest way to go from there is to get the hose and male quick connect from RVQ. 10' Hose Assembly Kit from RVQgrill.com=

Doesn't say what size the male fitting is on that hose. If it is 1/4, the part in #20 is the only other thing you need. If the male end of that hose is 3/8, the McMaster part number is 50785K613 (with sealant applied) or 50785K612 for a just the fitting, no pre-applied sealant. Those 2 parts should be all you need. And, btw, be careful when you disassemble the regulator - there is a spring loaded plunger inside, and it is a pain to get it back in there correctly.........

I'm not sure McMaster has the correct hose/quick disconnect fitting. I ended up using an extension hose meant for a cutting torch. Thought this was a great idea until I realized that gas hoses for torches use left hand threads so you can't mix up the gas and oxygen... try finding LH/RH adapters.

Also, the quick disconnect used by FR is not compatible with fittings by CAMCO. I had a male quick disconnect from CW that fit the female coupler on my Coleman popup, but it didn't fit the female end on the trailer. Ended up buying one from Tweety's RV Supply. That's why I would just go with the one piece hose/quick connect from RVQ.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Post #20 has the part number for the 1/8" M to 1/4" F, then I would think the easiest way to go from there is to get the hose and male quick connect from RVQ. 10' Hose Assembly Kit from RVQgrill.com=

Doesn't say what size the male fitting is on that hose. If it is 1/4, the part in #20 is the only other thing you need. If the male end of that hose is 3/8, the McMaster part number is 50785K613 (with sealant applied) or 50785K612 for a just the fitting, no pre-applied sealant. Those 2 parts should be all you need. And, btw, be careful when you disassemble the regulator - there is a spring loaded plunger inside, and it is a pain to get it back in there correctly.........

I'm not sure McMaster has the correct hose/quick disconnect fitting. I ended up using an extension hose meant for a cutting torch. Thought this was a great idea until I realized that gas hoses for torches use left hand threads so you can't mix up the gas and oxygen... try finding LH/RH adapters.

Also, the quick disconnect used by FR is not compatible with fittings by CAMCO. I had a male quick disconnect from CW that fit the female coupler on my Coleman popup, but it didn't fit the female end on the trailer. Ended up buying one from Tweety's RV Supply. That's why I would just go with the one piece hose/quick connect from RVQ.
For the quick connect, I just took the one off the piece "o" crap grill that came with the RV. Unfortunately it was 1/8", so I ended up going 1/8" out of the Grill to a 1/4" elbow back to a 1/8" quick connect...but it works.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
I like. I have an adapter that comes off my tank but that would be nicer having the grill under the awning. Is the bracket you are using to mount the grill available aftermarket? I have the rail on my Roo but it didn't come with a grill.
Call FR parts div. They could probably send you one.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Call FR parts div. They could probably send you one.
Would you have that number? I have to repair one of the chairs from my 8282ws.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Would you have that number? I have to repair one of the chairs from my 8282ws.
I'll attach the phone list per divisions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FRF Contact Information.pdf (46.0 KB, 61 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I'll attach the phone list per divisions
thx