Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2016, 11:15 PM   #1

Concord 300DS dump mechanism

Has anyone modified the dump mechanism on a Concord 300DS? It seems like a goofy system. And what's with all the gray water dump valves? Are they all necessary?
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardelarson View Post
Has anyone modified the dump mechanism on a Concord 300DS? It seems like a goofy system. And what's with all the gray water dump valves? Are they all necessary?
Working on it...

First thing I did was get rid of the "sewer hose carrier", next I put on a cap with the gray water drain cap on it. I currently use a Sewer Solution for emptying my tanks.

My game plan is to replace the two main gray valves and the black tank valves with Barker Auto-Drains (I don't like or trust cable operated). I prefer Barker over other brands because they are made in the USA and they have repair parts available. The new valves will also mean re-plumbing the drain lines to raise them up a bit and reduce the total footage. I also want to put a macerator on the black tank at the same time for emptying. I have a whole mod thread going in the Coachmen motohome sub-forum

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #3

New 300DS Owner

Greetings all. I just took delivery yesterday of our new 2016 300DS. Our first one. I knew that damn Sewer gizmo was going to be trouble when we first looked at the coach.

As expected, it dragged (just a bit, before I stopped) trying to get the coach into the driveway. I had to ramp up the driver's side with a make shift bunch of lumber.

I'm probably going to take it off. I thought I could just connect my sewer line straight to where the gizmo attaches. In the end, I may go the same way that Wahoonc went with the Sewer Solution. For now, I may try to use the 10' sections of the Rhino Extreme sewer lines that we already purchased. Anyone see any problem with that? Is Wahoonc and I the only ones taking this thing off?
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #4

Nope, I'm with you. That was one of the dumbest ideas I've seen. Must have looked good on paper. I thought I would give it a try for a couple trips but off it came after fighting with it on one trip. What a relief. I just use a standard dump hose and it works perfect. I'm going to put a couple of PVC tubes in the compartment above it for the two 10' sections of hose I have. I'm also going to turn the gray water dump valve handles 90 degrees so I can pull them open easier. It's not easy going sideways after a little road crud gets in them.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
I'm going to put a couple of PVC tubes in the compartment above it for the two 10' sections of hose I have.
Could you please explain your plan with a little more detail? What are the PVC "tubes" supposed to accomplish? What diameter are they?
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
Old 07-15-2016, 10:30 PM   #6

Sorry. I'm putting two 4" schedule 80 white PVC pipes to hold the dump hoses. They are about 4 13/32" inside diameter by 42" long. I'm going to screw them to the sides of the storage compartment. Then I can open the compartment and simply pull out my 10' dump hoses. When I'm finished dumping tanks I can just slide the dump hoses into the PVC pipes. I haven't decided if I'll put caps on them yet but probably won't have to.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #7

That sounds like it should work, as long as you have something solid to screw to. My salesman said he keeps his sewer hoses in a Rubbermaid type tote and stores it as far away from the bedroom as he can... in a compartment. When you do it... Please post some photos of where you drilled.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #8

Off! 👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160716_192527566_HDR.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	114306  
Old 07-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #9

Good move. Don't know if you have ever had this problem but my dump hose is very hard to snap on/off. I ran across a plastic wrench that easily slips on to tighten or loosen it. If you are interested I'll post pics and source.

Dick
Old 07-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Good move. Don't know if you have ever had this problem but my dump hose is very hard to snap on/off. I ran across a plastic wrench that easily slips on to tighten or loosen it. If you are interested I'll post pics and source.

Dick
Absolutely interested.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #11

My Concord is stored for a couple of weeks so I can't take pix right now. However the below link shows the wrench from Camping world. I tried it once and love it. Having a bit of arthritis in my hands this allows for painless connection and removal of hose.

Rhino Sewer Fitting Wrench, 2 Pack - Camco 39758 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
Old 07-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #12

Quote:
My Concord is stored for a couple of weeks so I can't take pix right now. However the below link shows the wrench from Camping world. I tried it once and love it. Having a bit of arthritis in my hands this allows for painless connection and removal of hose.

Rhino Sewer Fitting Wrench, 2 Pack - Camco 39758 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
Thanks, I hear you, my grip isn't what it used to be.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #13
World Wide Wanderer

Nice... need to get a couple of those. While everyone is at it go ahead and pick up a sewer clean out cap wrench too.

Now we need to get them to start putting handles on beer bottles for us guys with the failing grips

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote