Old 07-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #1

connecting sink and shower drains on 2005 Rockwood 1950

we are the 2nd owners of our 1950. we bought it in 2009 and have used it at both full hook up and dry camping sites. Sometimes there were days when i wanted to have a nice quick shower just to get the camping dust and smoke off of me.

Initially we picked this model because it was light enough to tow with our Honda Odyssey and it had a potty for the DW to use in the middle of the night. This model also came with a shower which was a bonus. we would use the sink but never the shower. simply because i was too lazy to move the grey water tank from one drain to the other. It wasn't until this camping season i started thinking more about connecting the two. and i wondered why the manufacturer didn't do this from the factory.

Here's my solution!

Since the drains use standard 1 1/2 pluming. I first went to lowes and bought one 6' section of 1 1/2" spa tubing. That wasn't enought so i went to the local home depot and picked up another 6' of 1 1/2" spa tubing. i wasn't too sure how to connect the plumbing together. my first go around i bought the wrong components. but while at home depot i stubmled accross some 1 1/2" rubber connectors. I figured it was good enough for plumbers so it should work for this project. sure enought the spa tubing had the correct OD to mate correctly to the flexible rubber parts. So i picked up one rubber coupler to connect the two sections of tube. one rubber elbow and a 'T' fitting. one ABS 90 deg elbow a section of 1 1/2" ABS and 1 1/2" threaded female coupler to attach to the sink drain and a 1 1/2" male coupler to attach to the T and connect a rubber cap to.

I first glued the threaded femail coupler to the the 90 deg ABS elbow and then glued the 1 1/2" ABS pipe to the other end of the elbow.

I attached the ABS pipe to the rubber elbow fitting and then 6' section of the spa tubing

I joined the front 6' section to the rear with the rubber coupler. This wouldn't have been necessary if Lowes had all 12' of spa tubing. But I am glad it there since it gives me an access point for any clogs.

I hung the pipe to the trailer using some plastic strapping and zip ties. the zip ties are supported by the rail that supports the water tank.

2005 Rockwood Freedom 1950
2002 Honda Odyssey EX - Airlifts 1000, Tru Cool LPD 4451 Power steering cooler, Tru Cool LPD 4454 ATF cooler, Reese brake controller
amidroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #2

I used the rubber 'T' to connect the shower drain to the spa tubing coming from the back of the drain. It's angled so that the water drains easily from the shower.

I am still going over ideas to catch the grey water. for now it's just draining into an 17 liter oil catch pan i picked up from harbor freight. It' works well but it needs a vent so the water doesn't get vacuum locked.

thats about it.

regards,

2005 Rockwood Freedom 1950
2002 Honda Odyssey EX - Airlifts 1000, Tru Cool LPD 4451 Power steering cooler, Tru Cool LPD 4454 ATF cooler, Reese brake controller
amidroc is offline   Reply With Quote