Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Crap Electronics

I'm not sure if this is the right area, so feel free to move it if it ain't.

My TT had a Furrion TV in it. Whoever thought 480p was a good idea should be tarred and feathered.

And the DVD player (no Blu Ray) is the iRV hunk of garbage below the TV. Seriously, this is 2018 - both of these "features" should have gone the way of the dodo 5 years ago.

Sorry for the rant. I've calmed down a bit. Thank you, Mr Rumandcoke.

Anyhoo, I just got back from Best Buy with a real TV and Blu Ray player. Anyone got some customization on how they hung, attached, or otherwise connected the player so it looks like it should be there?

IndianaRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
We do not even have a TV. Its CAMPING! Enjoy your friends, family and the outdoors.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #3

I guess you go "glamping"...

I on the other hand go camping and don't need a top of the line TV and Blu-ray player... sometimes I turn on the radio for some tunes in the background or to hear local weather... I have actually watched the TV while it stormed outside, but never once wished I had 1080p...

glad you got what you wanted...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
Grammar Pedant

I think you might be wrong about your TV. I have the lowest grade Furrion TV they put in the new Rockwoods and mine plays at least 720p. I'd explore the TV's settings a bit more and get into the menu of the TV ... you may find a means to change resolution. Also, check the input. If you have a composite (RCA) connection, then you will be limited to 480i by those connections. If you have a proper HDMI connection, then you should get HD. It's still not going to be as good as Sony/Samsung, but that Furrion could be a bit better than you think. Maybe.

As for no Blu-ray, yep. Time to hit the bargain bin at Walmart and get some good old fashioned DVDs. Or, to your point, bring a Blu-ray palyer. My deck has an HDMI input and convenient outlet that would support such a strategy. I'll probably opt not to go that route, but someone could.

Good luck.

TV: 2005 F150, 5.4L, Tow Package, 4WD
Current RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #5

How can anyone give constructive help? We don't know what you bought, what kind of tv it is, what the VESA pattern is, what model of blu-ray (and dude, no one owns one of those, ask around), or any details. Don't even know what kind of trailer. Yet you want us to help.

Sorry. I don't know how. I wish I did.

My POC tv and dvd/radio are great. Surround sound, HD tv, good remote, no issues.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #6

67L48, I looked online at the specs of the TV and one place says it should be 1080. For some reason, though, the HDMI connections are only allowing 480. I'll have to play with it further, I suppose. I can't find anything in the settings that specifically allows me to change the input settings. Maybe I'll just get to the point that me and my trusty screwdriver will see if there's a switch on the inside of the TV. ��

And I don't know why my signature isn't being added that shows my TT info. Probably has something to do with using my phone instead of my computer. Sadly, I'm too lazy at the moment to figure it out.

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2902WS.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #7

POC?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #8

Oops. I lied. My signature is being added, but the mobile version of the site isn't showing it to me. Learnt something new today. Yay me.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaRedneck View Post
POC?
You called your OEM equipment garbage. I was just saying that my "piece of crap" original equipment works fine.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #10

All of the RVs I have had, including he Rockwood Signature Ultralite, have had standard TV mounts in them. I would think you could just remove the TV side of the mount and attach it to the new TV. Or am I missing something. On the Bluray I instead use a 4 TB wireless drive from Western Digital. I have an Apple TV on all 3 TVs in my Cedar Creek. I can use my phone or Mac computer to stream movies from the drive, online from Apple iTunes and Netflix to any of the 3 TVs. I don't carry any CDs or BluRays in my RV.