Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 AM   #1
Always Learning

Cup-tastrophe saver

My wife and daughter like their Tervis tumblers and various other lidded plastic cups. Myself, I prefer to nurse a bottle. We found a solution to the cuptastrophe that happened each time we moved- we would either have to re-stand up all of the cups or live with the mess of a cabinet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427350356.918732.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	72214

We picked these up at The Container Store. I think I saw something similar either at Walmart or IKEA or somewhere. You break them to fit and they slide together. Now our cups stay happy and upright.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #2

Great idea!

We've been using the same dishes and cups stored in zippered and padded "china storage" for over 20 years! Not one broken plate or cup. However, the pint glasses have needed some replacements, but not for reasons associated with their storage but use...

Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Always Learning

I'm way too lazy for zippered storage bags. But to be able to take some glasses would be nice.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm way too lazy for zippered storage bags. But to be able to take some glasses would be nice.
DW has a thing about bugs... Then can climb over her or anything else, but NOT what she eats or drinks from - period. So the bags it is. Even when eating by the fire with paper plates, they came out of holders made by Tupperware designed to do so that she bought from a Tupperware party when they still had those things! Happy DW and all...
Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #5

Oh I need these!! Haven't seen anything like it at Walmart. Going online to Ikea to look. TFS!!
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #6

Here it is! There's an Ikea not far away...think I'll be making a trip there soon!! HÖFTA Divider for drawer - 21 ¾x4 " - IKEA

and here's the ones from The Container Store http://www.containerstore.com/shop/k...026838&N=81263
Old 03-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #7
Always Learning

Thanks scootingranny! That's it. The IKEA ones are way cheaper than The Container Store. But these things are awesome.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #8

Great idea! We love our Tervis tumblers. We use them both at home and in the camper.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks scootingranny! That's it. The IKEA ones are way cheaper than The Container Store. But these things are awesome.
Well I may get them at The Container Store even tho they are more expensive because they are closer than the IKEA store and I'd use that much gas driving to Ikea. Thank you so much for sharing this product! I've looked at the Ikea catalog a hundred times and never spotted them because the first picture on their website showed a whole drawer and it never dawned on me that they were only selling the inside dividers. DUH on me!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
Well I may get them at The Container Store even tho they are more expensive because they are closer than the IKEA store and I'd use that much gas driving to Ikea. Thank you so much for sharing this product! I've looked at the Ikea catalog a hundred times and never spotted them because the first picture on their website showed a whole drawer and it never dawned on me that they were only selling the inside dividers. DUH on me!
Unfortunately, my search skills are failing me when I try to find them on the TCS website.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Unfortunately, my search skills are failing me when I try to find them on the TCS website.
Just click on the link in my prior post. It takes you to a picture of a drawer with some things in it but it's for the dividers. They aren't available online until 4/04 but I did the little search box and found that a store near me has them. Hope you find some too!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #12

We are currently using a box with cardboard dividers (from the beer store) for our cups and glasses. They are stored under the sink where no one sees them till we put them out on the counter once we're set up. When we get our TT and remake one of the pantry cabinets into a bar cabinet, they'll be visible all the time, so we'll get something like this. Thanks!
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
Just click on the link in my prior post. It takes you to a picture of a drawer with some things in it but it's for the dividers. They aren't available online until 4/04 but I did the little search box and found that a store near me has them. Hope you find some too!
Ha! You added the Container Store link after I saw your post. You tricky girl you.

Thanks for the links!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Ha! You added the Container Store link after I saw your post. You tricky girl you.

Thanks for the links!
Yes, I did go back and add that link but thought I did it before anybody would have time to see my post! Sorry!! Should have added Edit: and then that link!!