I hated my valances over the curtains. The same applies to minilite, roo's, microlite and shamrocks. These valances are very cheap looking and destroy the nice interieur of these trailers. Here is what we did. First I made new wooden valances. I used one half inch pine wood finger joint avaliable at home depot. This wood is a bit more expensive than the regular pine but it is worth the price. We bought the original fabric and covered the valances with it. Also we made new attachs with the same fabric. On the new 2011 trailers there is no more liners at the back of the curtains so we bought liner fabrics and added new liners. What a difference it makes. The fit is much better than these metal valance holder specially on the one that have a front window. I changed the angle on this one to make it level with the trailer instead of the original one that is angled and looks terrible. I am including a few photos of the change. I took a picture of another trailer because I did not take a picture of mine before the modification. Have a look to see the difference! Please note that the first picture is not our trailer but one from the dealer lot.