A couple projects I tackled this weekend was installing the Hot/Cold Spray Port fro DW Inc (Spray-Away / Hot & Cold Spray-Port? - DW Inc.
) and the Camco Hybrid Heat electric water heater element. Both projects required cutting holes in the back side of my 2014 Grey Wolf 26BH.
I placed this so it would be inside the bathroom vanity so I could tap into the water lines for the sink. Luckily it fit exactly between a stud and the inside cabinet wall. Once I got brave enough to cut the hole, there naturally was electrical lines there!
I put 1-1/2" blocking at the top and bottom, and 3/4" on the left so I could tuck the wires out of the way
Once the box was installed I went inside to do the plumbing. I cut the PEX and put in a Tee, then ran the new lines
I thought this would be a very quick and easy job, but this actually took the most time. I have a 6 gallon propane only Suburban heater. The new element goes where the anode rod is, so rather than throwing that way I put the anode rod where the pressure relief valve is a,d relocated the valve to the back side of the tank where the hot water comes out. I'll put pics of that setup in a reply. Bout first, I had to cut a hole in the camper because I decided to run the power cord to the outside so I could plug into the electric pedestal rather than an outlet inside the camper
The cord tucks neatly inside when not in use
The hard part of this project was getting to the side of the water heater to attach the thermostat. The rear was not flat enough, so I had to take apart a wardrobe cabinet to get to it. But, this also allowed me to run the power cord to the outside... Whoops, no pics of this stage, I guess I was too busy. :-). Before putting the wardrobe back together, I put the on/off switch in the panel that I removed and left an access hole for adjusting the temp. I'll put a little door over the hole at some point in the future, probably when the DW tells me to.
Once the pressure relief valve was relocated and plumbing for both projects done, I hooked up the garden hose and.......... NO LEAKS!!! :-D
I probably had about 8 hours in total for both projects, but it should definitely be worth it. Now I'm ready to go camping next weekend. :-)