Old 03-24-2016, 08:19 PM   #11

no way would I consider doing that. That is a light weight model camper. You would be taking the flexing of the tool box on the bumper and putting stress on the wall. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #12
Coachmen Clipper Fan

Yes, Dave, I think you are correct. The more I've been thinking about it, that's kind of the same conclusion I'm coming to. I am sure I can find another way to store goods without having to cause damage to the trailer. Thanks for the sanity check! :-)

Old 03-24-2016, 08:36 PM   #13

glad you thought it through before jumping into it. I think you would have regretted that.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFLOYD75 View Post
Yes, Dave, I think you are correct. The more I've been thinking about it, that's kind of the same conclusion I'm coming to. I am sure I can find another way to store goods without having to cause damage to the trailer. Thanks for the sanity check! :-)
IMO, you had them on the phone- why not Coachmen what they thought?
Old 03-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
CDM

I phoned coachmen and they recommended not using the studs to mount a tv. I mounted ours on the cabinets over the bed (17bh). $20 on Amazon and 1/2 hour of work and it is strong. Put small 2x4 behind mount in cabinet for strength. Came with removable plate. 22" tv. Swivels so you can see from anywhere in camper.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #16

I found this thread on a Google search and wanted to update it as some of the info is either slightly off or they have changed the type of studs used since the 2014 models. I have a 2017 Clipper 17BH. I emailed Forest River and they recommended the same thing as they told CDM above, however, they let me know the studs are actually 1 1/2" x 1".

Here is their full response:

The wall studs are 1 1/2" x 1". We recommend that you mount the TV bracket on the side or underside of a cabinet. That way if it was to pull out it would be much easier and less expensive to have it repaired. You can use a stud finder and locate a stud, but we do recommend the cabinet method.

Again, probably doesn't matter THAT much... but hope it helps somebody like me in the future
Old 06-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #17

Last year I wanted to mount a rear ladder and needed to know where the studs were in the TT's back wall on an FR Coachmen Freedom Express. I emailed FR with all the pertinent info of my TT and they emailed me back an actual blueprint of the back wall with stud spacing as measured from the left rear corner. There was actually a draftsman's note on the print showing where there were two (2) wooden 2x4's mounted flat side out just for the purpose of mounting a ladder. This made the installation much easier.

Tags
cat, coachmen, diagram, location