Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Don't hold me to this, but I don't think an H-24 receiver will work with a SWM LNB. You might call SatPro for more info.

That's what I have and it works great


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
That's what I have and it works great


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sorry, you are correct. After doing some research I guess the need for 120 volts to the LNB is why I thought it would not work with the H-24. In fact the SWM LNB will work with many of the receivers back to the H-23.

Thanks for helping me to get straightened out.
__________________

__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I haven't gotten around to messing with the satellite setup yet, but wanted to bounce my ideas off of the fine folks here.

I have the parabolic DirecTV dish at home, the Genie (with two Clients plus the main box), and an additional HR24 Box. On the docking station of my Sandpiper, there are 3 satellite inputs. My plan is to use a tripod mounted parabolic dish and the SWM splitter before the docking station. From the splitter, I plan to run a short cable from each output of the splitter to the input in the docking station, and one through the basement compartment to the TV in the basement.

Would that work?

Is this the correct splitter?
DirecTv MSPLIT4R1-03 Approved WNC 4-Way Wide Band SWM Splitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW60R68..._5C2ZwbWXFEM7Q

I am planning to test this over the weekend using the dish mounted on the house (while the Sandpiper is parked near it). Just looking for input before I spend too much time on it.

Thanks


2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

If your home dish is SWiM equipped, you probably have a power supply and splitters somewhere in the house. So, if you disconnect your dish outside to test installation to your Sandpiper you may also need a power supply like this DIRECTV PI-21 21V 1.5A Power Inserter for SWimLine dish (PI-21) from Solid Signal, to power your SWiM LNB on your home dish. Then you install your splitter to feed your docking station.

There is a sequence to installing the power supply & splitter due to pass through voltage needed to allow the LNB switch to operate......I think..... I use a "non-SWiM" setup (4 individual coax leads coming from my 5 LNB head) which requires B-band converters with H21 receivers. I was given a 3 LNB SWiM head, power supply & splitter and instructed how & why to hook them up properly but, that was 2 years ago and now I can't remember exactly how to do it. The only advantage I see in SWiM vs non-SWiM is you only need one coax from the dish for multiple Tv's vs a separate coax from the dish for each Tv.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
head gamez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: W-S NC
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
If your home dish is SWiM equipped, you probably have a power supply and splitters somewhere in the house. So, if you disconnect your dish outside to test installation to your Sandpiper you may also need a power supply like this DIRECTV PI-21 21V 1.5A Power Inserter for SWimLine dish (PI-21) from Solid Signal, to power your SWiM LNB on your home dish. Then you install your splitter to feed your docking station.



There is a sequence to installing the power supply & splitter due to pass through voltage needed to allow the LNB switch to operate......I think..... I use a "non-SWiM" setup (4 individual coax leads coming from my 5 LNB head) which requires B-band converters with H21 receivers. I was given a 3 LNB SWiM head, power supply & splitter and instructed how & why to hook them up properly but, that was 2 years ago and now I can't remember exactly how to do it. The only advantage I see in SWiM vs non-SWiM is you only need one coax from the dish for multiple Tv's vs a separate coax from the dish for each Tv.

The main Genie box has the power inserter and it runs to a specific output on the splitter. The clients and the non genie box connect to the other three outputs. My plan is disconnect the boxes in the house and put them in the Sandpiper. I will then run cable (I have allot of spare cable and ends) to the docking station. I will end up with three cables from the splitter on the house running to the docking station (one cable per satellite "inlet"). I may even test out the non genie box, but considering it will be ran from the splitter directly to the box in the basement of the camper I don't see the need.

If this works then I will just need to purchase the dish / tripod and the same splitter that I have outside of the house.

I can't think of why it wouldn't work, other than the possibility of some crazy cabling and splits in the camper. The satellite inlets are supposed to be wired straight to their respective outlets in the camper, but this should determine if that is the case.

Four TVs to go camping? Ha! We don't really camp.... We go on vacations! My vacation consists of a little time on the beach followed by relaxing time in the AC with an adult beverage watching TV!


2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
The main Genie box has the power inserter and it runs to a specific output on the splitter. The clients and the non genie box connect to the other three outputs. My plan is disconnect the boxes in the house and put them in the Sandpiper. I will then run cable (I have allot of spare cable and ends) to the docking station. I will end up with three cables from the splitter on the house running to the docking station (one cable per satellite "inlet"). I may even test out the non genie box, but considering it will be ran from the splitter directly to the box in the basement of the camper I don't see the need.

If this works then I will just need to purchase the dish / tripod and the same splitter that I have outside of the house.

I can't think of why it wouldn't work, other than the possibility of some crazy cabling and splits in the camper. The satellite inlets are supposed to be wired straight to their respective outlets in the camper, but this should determine if that is the case.

Four TVs to go camping? Ha! We don't really camp.... We go on vacations! My vacation consists of a little time on the beach followed by relaxing time in the AC with an adult beverage watching TV!


2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Yup, I learned something here. I guess my receivers are old technology.....first I heard of "Genies" was when I reactivated my stuff and revisited these post relating to satellite Tv's.

It sounds like you have "home run" satellite cables in the Sandpiper. One complete run (no splitters) to each Tv location.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Learjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 194
Direct TV

Do yourself a favor and do it right the first time.


http://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/
__________________

__________________
-2017 Ram Cummins, Aisin DRW 3.73, 4x4
-2015 Wildcat 317RL
-B&W Companion , MorRyde pinbox
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.