Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Traveling Two

Dish TV Box Installed In Surveyor SP-22

I just completed the installation of a Dish DVR Receiver above our TV in our FR TT Surveyor Sport (SP-22). I originally had it sticking out above the TV, but the wife didn't like it. As hard as it was to do (mentally) to cut a hole in the rotating panel of this brand new trailer, I did it and am very satisfied with the results. I ran the wiring through the back (behind the TV set) and down to the connectors in the cabinet below. I also added an "A/B" switch in the cabinet so that I can switch from Dish to the RV parks connection if we are in a park.

I just plug the DVR into the outlet on the divider frame so it can be turned to view from the bedroom also without making any changes. When I am home, I just remove and reinstall in the spare bedroom.

Here are a couple of pictures of the installation:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0139.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	13996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0140.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	13997  
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Awesome job!

I had a similar issue but then I drank quite a few coors lights and hit my head on the awning arm and realized my dish dvr was UHF ! Duh ! It doesn't have to sit out in the open!I have it mounted in my basement out of the way sight unseen .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote