Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Does anyone make a truly reliable RV keyless entry? The ones on my cars work great for years and yet the one on my new camper was so unreliable and frustrating I just took it out. I know the dealer also had a hard time making it work long enough for it to pass the PDI. In reading the forums it seems failure and unreliability are the norm. Is this just the usual case of another cheaply made RV component or am I only reading about the few bad and there are thousands being used very reliably? Any brand recommendation would be helpful.

I purchased a RV keyless entry at last years Goshen rally and I really like it. My biggest complaint is sometimes you have to enter your pass code twice, big deal. It was easy to install. The salesman said if you were sober you could install it in about 10 min . it took me about 1/2 hr but it's worked fine ever since. Go www.rvlock.com

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull View Post
I purchased a RV keyless entry at last years Goshen rally and I really like it. My biggest complaint is sometimes you have to enter your pass code twice, big deal. It was easy to install. The salesman said if you were sober you could install it in about 10 min . it took me about 1/2 hr but it's worked fine ever since. Go www.rvlock.com

I lied to the sales person and told her it took me 8 minutes, but it took me 15 minutes to read the instructions first.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #23
2015Columbus320rs

I have a keyless entry made by Www.RVlocks .com, it works great around $239.00 on line and key fobs are $39.00 dollars
Tennesseetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #24

[QUOTE=buffalolake;786393]I have been using this one since August of 2014.

RV Lockâ„¢

I have the model with the built in keypad. Price was a bit steep, but it is still one of my favorite trailer mods. I can use a key fob remote, or type in a code of my choosing to lock/unlock the door. I have a backup key in case the batteries die. On rainy days I can lock/unlock from the cab of my truck. Lock uses AA batteries, supposed to last about 6 months. The only complaint that I have had was that it barely covered the factory lock opening. Key FOB works great as well.

Ditto on RVLock. I have one with the remote keypad. Mounted it next to the door about 8-10" below entry knob so we can reach without climbing steps. I have the full body paint CC and there is a \small amount white that is nogt covered by the new handle. Have had to change batteries a few times over the last 2 yrs. They make a newer version that has keypad and handle all -in-one.
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #25

Bauer locks

I've got a matching pair of Bauer locks (i.e. keyed the same) on my 30WRLS and love them - they were on my previous camper and I swapped them to the V-lite.

We LOVE not having to worry about always having keys with us and the quick-lock is great when leaving.

We had them all last season (on the old trailer) and never had to change batteries. Put in new batteries when swapping them over to the V-lite and re-programmed back to 'our' code.

We keep a key hidden outside the camper in the rare case that BOTH locks quit working.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #26
2015Columbus320rs

I have the one from RVlock.com works great, have a fob also
Tennesseetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #27

Just wondering why some prefer a key fob. Isn't the whole point not carrying anything. A key fob is way bigger than my trailer key. To each their own. Just seems silly to have the expense and then still carry something. Elec combo locks seem to make more sense

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #28

If it's raining it's #$%$ off, hitting the FOB while exiting your vehicle will save you from getting a wet $%$# while punching in numbers and waiting for the lock to open. That's why the FOB!! Makes sense to me.. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #29
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose killer View Post
Just wondering why some prefer a key fob. Isn't the whole point not carrying anything. A key fob is way bigger than my trailer key. To each their own. Just seems silly to have the expense and then still carry something. Elec combo locks seem to make more sense
X2 Never rains here in the southwest anyway.
kentnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:22 PM   #30

I use rv lock had it for over a year. No issues yet. Comes with fob but I don't use it....make sure you hide spare keys somewhere in case batt goes dead or unit malfunctions. I use one of those magnetic hide a keys and hide mine in a special spot.
So far so good.

2014 cedar creek 36ckts
2014 Chevy 3500 1 ton crew cab 4x4 long bed.

cfiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #31

I also put in the RV lock. It works very well with no issues yet. Some Amazon reviews say it is very loud when it confirms the door is locked/unlocked but I didn't think it was unusually loud. Door also latches much smoother than the factory lock.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

I'm an IT pro and you can buy, for $17, a device on EBay that will open most wireless locks...it's very popular with car thieves...so just be careful, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote