Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #1

Drawer sliding out (problem)

Just picked up a new XLR. but the drawer under couch keeps sliding out when traveling. anyone have good suggestion of fix.
jayrzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Is there a way to mount a small child safety catch on it? We had them at home when our girls were little. It would open about an inch then you pressed a tab for it to open the rest of the way.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

If it is new take it to your dealer and have it fixed. The one under our couch you need to give it a very firm pull to get it to move.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #4

I would check to make sure latch is working properly and is undamaged. I had one where the part attached to the drawer was smashed flat and would allow the drawer to open easily. Replacing it was cheap and easy.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #5

I sent an email to the dealer and he talked like it should have a positive latch. I will look at it tonight and see if I missed something. If nothing there, I will try an put the child safety latch on there. thanks for the comments and help.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #6

I have the kind that are shown in this link RV Marine cabinet door drawer roller latch lock 28 sets - Automotive RV Parts & Accessories

The male piece shown at the bottom of the picture was flattened so it wouldn't hold.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #7

thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
I have the kind that are shown in this link RV Marine cabinet door drawer roller latch lock 28 sets - Automotive RV Parts & Accessories

The male piece shown at the bottom of the picture was flattened so it wouldn't hold.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
Army 'Lifer' to 'Loafer'

Mine Too

jayrzr,

My new XLR does the same thing -- and I don't see any sort of latch or other system that might just be out of adjustment. Looks like there is nothing to keep the drawers in. Also, the left drawer under the couch, and the drawer under the fridge come out while towing. I picked up some rubber door stops and just wedge them in under the drawers. Works great but it still irritates me to have to do a work around on such an obvious item.

Big Charlie

big charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #9

On ours there are plastic catches on the glides and you have to close the drawer firmly to engage them. One time we forgot to slam the kitchen drawers closed before hitting the road and when we arrived we found the drawers open and the rear support had pulled out of the floor.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #10

thanks..... your bear photo made me laugh... good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
On ours there are plastic catches on the glides and you have to close the drawer firmly to engage them. One time we forgot to slam the kitchen drawers closed before hitting the road and when we arrived we found the drawers open and the rear support had pulled out of the floor.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #11

I have a Rockwood 2604 and had the same issue. Took it back to dealer and they installed a second latch as shown is Grandpaofthrees post. They stay in now.
red dirt is offline   Reply With Quote